VHT In The House!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT In The House!

Pitbull 45. So far (1 hour), I'm diggin it! Friggen little tone machine! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: VHT In The House!

Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How long before you get rid of that for something else? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OMFG!!!!
      Chuck now you are a VHT guy?!?!?

Congrats!

Comment

It was time!

Toe, give me a month or so...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Pitbull 45. So far (1 hour), I'm diggin it! Friggen little tone machine! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

So what are you spankin' the front end with, if anything? and if you're not, and you like it now - you'll flip when you do.

Something about the clarity of the EL84's vs. the EL34's, huh???? Notice the chime & definition even when distorted?

Awesome - congatulations Chuck !!!!

Steve E

Comment

Nothing yet! I have ODs and boosts arriving in the next few days. Yeah, it needs something to put it over the top for leads, but I'm really diggin the rhythm tone.
            I probably don't use as much gain as most of ya'll, and I've found the higher gain the amp is, the less I can hear of the guitar.
            I dig EL84s and have had a few amps with them...I keep coming back to them, too!

I just really like the tonality of this amp. The gain I can make...that's the easy part! Tone is not!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Nothing yet! I have ODs and boosts arriving in the next few days. Yeah, it needs something to put it over the top for leads, but I'm really diggin the rhythm tone.
              I probably don't use as much gain as most of ya'll, and I've found the higher gain the amp is, the less I can hear of the guitar.
              I dig EL84s and have had a few amps with them...I keep coming back to them, too!

I just really like the tonality of this amp. The gain I can make...that's the easy part! Tone is not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Killer little amps these VHT's....I'm super impressed and honestly think I've found a keeper on my end.

Say, any chance you can measure the width of the front panel for me? I'm thinking the 30 converted to a head would be sick - and think it might drop into a 45 shell.

Congrats on the tonequest again [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Yup, I agree. I'm now a VHT convert!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Nice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I love EL84 amps, too. I also seem to prefer keeping the gain lower nowadays to bring out the guitar tone a little better.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice grab Chuck, congratulations and welcome to the VHT world [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] What speakers do you have in your Avatar cab?

I have the 50 CL and I love that amp. I'm like you and don't need tons of gain, I think too much gain hides alot the natural tone of the amps. I'm more into the classic hrad rock/ metal tones of Rhoads, VH and Lynch etc. Usually the first time I play my VHT after a couple days and if I use a guitar tuned to Eb, after a couple minutes I start playing VH's ain't talkin bout love, it never fails...lol

My only complaint is the black chickenheads on a black faceplate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I changed them to white

I also later picked up a VHT cab to match it, it has the P50E's that I wasn't sure I'd like them or not but it suites the VHT head nicely

there is a VHT board at http://vhtusers.com that Steve stops by every once in a while. Their customer service is pretty good too, there have been some delays on the new stuff but a great company who'd take care of you. I got mine on eBay used and they didn't care, they still called me back and answered my questions I had.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Congratz Chuck. That is a great amp.

Comment

Excellent Shawn! Thanks for the link and info!
                          I'm using the avatar cab w/one Vintage 30 and one G12H-30. It's an open back cab, and I need to make closed back for it, but thanks to my dad I have a very complete woodworking shop at my disposal, so that's no biggie.

Comment

Congrats!! The 45s are great amps. I personally liked them better than the STs or CLs. I had a 45 1x12 combo in green and like the idiot I am, sold it. Last seen somewhere in Indiana.........please come back!!!

Comment

congrats man! VHTs are very nice amps....do you think they sound as clear and tight as everyone claims them to do? if so, i need to play one BAD [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

so man, what did you pay for your new baby?

Comment

Working...
                              X