Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice for a decent delay pedal...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for a decent delay pedal...........

that wont rob you of your tone? I'll be running it into the front end of a JCM 800, JMP 50 or JMP 50 watt combo. I have stayed away from pedals for the most part but playing these 80s covers, I'm gonna need some delay.

Re: Any advice for a decent delay pedal...........

I'd throw it in the effects loop, not in front of it. I'd try one of the digitech pedals. That way you're not stuck with just one sound.

Comment

Never put time based effects in front of your amp. If you have an effects loop.... USE IT.

Comment

Since the old JCM 800's and JMPs don't have effects loops, you'll have to run in front of it, or have an effects loop installed. I've had great success using a Boss DM-3 in front of my old Marshalls, but they're getting kinda pricey. A friend of mine has a Boss DD6, or DD 5 or something like that, and it's pretty nice as well.

Comment

I love my BOSS DD5. Great little unit. If you need more control over your delay, check out the DD20, that thing is great!!

Comment

I'd invest in getting an effects loop installed dude. There's so many things that will run very crappily without one. If you keep your rig straightforward, then you'll be okay without one. If you plan on more effects, it's well worth your time to get an effects loop.

Comment

Pretty much agree with whats been said, put a delay pedal through the effects loop. IMO you can't go wrong with a Boss pedal. I use a DD-6.

Comment

Someone here recommended an Ibanez DE7 to me, and it really is a great delay peday.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks for the advice but installing an effects loop and drilling into any vintage Marshall is a no-no to me. Thats like drilling a hole into our beloved Charvels/Jacksons. I'll try something out at one of our local music stores or just go without.

Comment

I just got the DD20 recently. Great unit, does unbelievable things. I'm actually still trying to figure everything out...

Comment

I use the Line 6 DL4 and I think it's incredible. In fact I can't wait to start writing some new songs with this band I'm playing with now so I can integrate it into some parts. Some more of my favorites are the Boss DD5, Ibanez AD9, and the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man. Go to the store and check them out!

Comment

Thanks Boxcar......you running the Line6 into the front end of the amp? I had an older Ibanez analog delay I thought sounded good a few years ago that I ran in the front................hmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Yeah I run it into the front...I hate bothering with a ton of cables, and the wet/dry mix knobs on the Dual Rec make the delay sound kinda funny. I thought that the difference between putting it in the front and the loop would bother me, but it really doesn't.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm................I've got to check one out. So, no tone loss, pretty quiet?

Comment

I've run a Boss Dm-2 in the front end of Marshalls & rackmounts for years for an analog. The effects loop on my ADA sucked IMO, so I just never used it and, as stated, the old Marshalls dont have effects loops. The analog is very organic, warm but not alot of delay time but I still use this pedal alot. (the prices on these pedals are SKY HIGH btw, someone needs to reissue the circuit!) I also use the Boss DD3 and DD5 which are alot more sterile delay but very cool pedals in themselves with longer delay times.

I've ran tape delays for many years before the footpedals and that was a love-hate relationship. Great thing was you could drive the amps preamp a little more.

I think a cool little pedal is the digitech PDS-8000. Up to 8 sec delay, so it works as a sampler as well-gettin' a little pricey now tho. Boss PS3 and DOD has a digital that is reasonable as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X