Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rivera R55 combo - anyone have any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera R55 combo - anyone have any experience?

I may be trading the wolfgang for one of these... anyone here heard one, owned one, etc? Was curious how much gain the lead channel has, as I've heard it's plexi-ish, which to me sounds like a salesman way of saying low gain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Pete

Re: Rivera R55 combo - anyone have any experience?

Here is a fairly crappy reply but what the heck. Pete, if you are talking about trading the Biohazard Wolf for a Rivera R55 it really doesn't matter what the Rivera sounds like. As long as it isn't broken or beat to crap I would trade in a nonosecond. They sell for $850+ easily on Ebay. All the HC reviews give me the impression that it has the gain of a 2203 which is usually a good thing when you have a Twisteramps preamp pedal laying around. .

Comment

I had an R30. I love these amps. Riveras are by far my favorite amps of all time. Whether or not it is for you, is another story altogther.

Comment

i had an R55 and did not like it. i am a rivera fanatic - they are ALL i will play. the clean was KILLER, but to me the gain was wimpy. i use rivera m-100 and s-120 heads. to me those are the shit, but the R55 wasn't.

try it, it may work for you. i still think that it was probably the speaker that i hated more than the amp. it had an 85 watt celestion. i prefer EVs, but the EV wouldn't fit in the R55 cab. the amp didn't look right sitting on top of a couple 1x12 cabs either.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

What did you guys think of it gainwise compared to say a Rivera TBR-1? I had one of those...

Pete

Comment

never had a TBR-1, but apparently the M and S series amps were stripped down versions of the TBR series. i think the gain on the M/S amps is perfect. the gain on the R55 wasn't too different. the boost had to be pulled to get it saturated. without the boost it wasn't even in AC/DC territory.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If it's anything like the Fandango I played, you're gonna hate it.
              Lovely clean, but the overdrive was thin and splattery...terrible. I really doubt a pedal would have helped it much.
              I really wanted to like that amp, too.

Comment

I loved the clean on the TBR, hated the overdrive channel. Besides, it's a combo. Think I'll just hold on to the wolfie for now.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X