Practice amp for $200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice amp for $200?

Hey guys,I'm looking to not spend no more than 200 bucks on a used combo amp for home use.Anything I can find @ guitar center?

Re: Practice amp for $200?

looking at a spider II 30 watt or maybe a v-amp2...off to guitar center I go.I'm going to treat them like cheap used car salesmen that they are. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Pod 2.0 into your home stereo system

Comment

just got back from GC...they were all sold out of the v-amp...the spider sucked ass!

Comment

Used PodXT through stereo.

Comment

What if I don't have a home stereo?

Comment

can the pod/XT do death metal?

Comment

You can play it through any kind of speaker or a set of headphones. It can pull off any style good... Not as good as a real amp maybe but you have lots of different sounds to work with.

Comment

pod 2.0 it is via ebay.Thanks guys

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just have a pair of computer speakers you can plug it into that, or even the sound card of your computer, that is how i do mine. Basically any stereo/boombox/computer etc.. with and aux in connection. Little note about the POD, play with it, i tend to like it better with the MIC simulation off (Amp Setting instead of direct) then i do with it on.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just have a pair of computer speakers you can plug it into that, or even the sound card of your computer, that is how i do mine. Basically any stereo/boombox/computer etc.. with and aux in connection. Little note about the POD, play with it, i tend to like it better with the MIC simulation off (Amp Setting instead of direct) then i do with it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info!

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, i find these best for practice amps, better then buying some shitty little solid state combo. You get close to true tube tone (most normal people cant tell the difference) Plus you get many different tube sounds with built in effects and can experiment alot. It is also a great recording device.

By the way you will probaly need to buy an adaptor(s)from radio shack, they usually cost 3 to 5 dollars. Depending on your set up will determine which adaptor you need.

If you are gonna use a normal pair of headphones you will probaly need a 3\4 Male to 1\4 Female headphone stereo adaptor.

If you are gonna input it into your stereo you will need two 3\4 mono Male to RCA Female adaptors plus a RCA Stereo Male To Male.

If you are gonna go into your computer sound card you will need the two 3\4 mono to RCA plus a cable that is RCA stereo to 1\4 inch stereo adaptor.

This may seem confusing but it is not, if you need help setting it up, then let me know your setup and i can point you in the right direction and help you get the right parts.

Todd

Comment

Siggy,Thanks! you answered all my questions and then some,fuck yeah. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Siggy,Thanks! you answered all my questions and then some,fuck yeah. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, anytime..

Comment

I play my GT-6 through my computer and I love it for a small practice amp. More than enough volume and it sounds great. The best part is you can easily record and play along with a cd also.

Comment

Working...
                              X