Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other VOX Valvetronix owners, chime in here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other VOX Valvetronix owners, chime in here...

Just wanna know what other VOX Valvetronix owners here think of these amps. I have a AD15T...but I'd also like to know how any other (higher models) stack up. Opinions wanted!

Re: Other VOX Valvetronix owners, chime in here...

I don't own one, but a friend of mine had the 50-watt 1x12 version, and I thought it was one hell of an amp for the money. He didn't have the footswitch so I don't know what extra capabilities it gives, but it seemed like a nice giggable amp (mic'ed) for $359 that he paid. I wouldn't venture to say that the models nailed everything they were supposed to model, but there were nothing but great sounds coming out of the thing.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I bought an AD120VTX. Liked it so much I bought an AD50VT too. Kick ass. Have used it on gigs as well. I like the modern british tone a lot and of couse the SLO setting for leads... kicks!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Robo...you're from North Jersey too?...where at?
        I'm in Stanhope.

I love my little $179.00 AD15T....the best practice amp (I dare to say) that I've ever owned!

Comment

I have a AD30VT. I haven't tried any of the higer series Voxs. With in the AD15,30,50VTs, they are all similar sounding IMO. The 50 and the 15 are the standouts IMO. The 30 doesn't do anything more than the 15 (I think the power knob on the 30 and 50 are HYPE) for around the house, and the 50 is jam worthy and has a Celestion speaker. The 30 isn't quite jamable unless you play with a quiet band. If you a-b them at once you will hear differences, but short of that, all 3 sound relativly the same.

Comment

I have a Valvetronix AD60VTX that I absolutely love. Only has 16 models, but just about all of them sound great. Easily the best sounding low volume combo I have played thru. Very easy to use and the presets are excellent. I like the Soldano Lead preset (#.4-2) so much that I just roll the volume back on my guitar to about 5 for my crunch tone at church.

Some caveats with this amp though: A. It won't do death metal (+1). B. I don't thing that it is loud enough to gig with, without being miked. I would bet that the AD120VTX would be a great amp to do small gigs with. C. The direct out is not very good.

Comment

Working...
            X