marshall 1936 cab anybody like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall 1936 cab anybody like it

i was thinking about getting a marshall 2-12 cabinet. i can get one new for a good price. i just dont know how the sound would be with a smaller cab. i already have a uberkab for serious playing but i need to go away for a couple months and i wanted something smaller to use. im gonna be playing with a uberschall and powerball heads. so if anybody has any info on it please let me know.

Re: marshall 1936 cab anybody like it

That Cab is awesome, haven't tried it with a powerball but i have with a Fireball, it sounded amazing!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I was playing with a KE2 thru it. You will not regret it and don't worry about volume, it can get LOUD!

Edit:
    I should also say that I am using one with my HD147 and it sounds Perfect!

Comment

For smaller gigs I will use a 1936 with my Powerball and it sounds fine.

Comment

I have one, selling it but for local pickup only. But basically they are good cabs, i just prefer the vintage 30's plus i have too many cabs allready.

Comment

I'm partial to celestion 75's , 80's or 90s..

I no likey the Vintage 30's..but most people do it seems..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

+1 for vintage 30's, they're just warmer to me.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

They arent bad sounding cabs but the older birch ply versions sound much better to my ears. I also prefer the V30s in mine though I do have one with G12Hs That sounds pretty good.

Comment

I like Vintage 30s, but not as the only guitar speakers in the band. They just lack too much definition, but have tons of girth.

I have a couple of Mesa 2x12 cabs, one with Vintage 30s and one with Black Shadow 90s. When you mix Vintage 30s with some speakers that have excellent definition, they sound massive.

Comment

I use the 1936 cab with my TSL100. It is definately a lot easier to carry then my 4x12.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've had 3 of them over time, and used them with a Line 6 HD and later with a POD Pro w/power amp setup. They were PERFECT. They aren't the lightest things in the world though, and are still pretty big considering they're 2x12's.

Comment

I certainly liked the 1936 over the 1922 but, I like Mesa and Avatars better (probably because of the speakers they're loaded with more than anything else).
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                      X