Boss ME-50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss ME-50?

Any opinions on these as far as sound quality etc.? I may have a shot at one pretty cheap.

Re: Boss ME-50?

That depends on your need for one.

I used to have one, but I got tired of it and got rid of it. The phaser and Flange sounds are awful in my opinion, the distortions are pretty cool as far as a pedal goes, but if you have a good amp with good distortion, then they are useless.

The only thing I thought was good was the delay section. But I would rather have a good delay pedal like my Visual Sound H20.

I bought it back when I didn't know anything about tone or effects, and thought it was this massive value. It was cool for a while, but I outgrew the cheezy distortions and sterile digital boss modulation effects for the "good ole tube amp" and some quality single effect pedals on a pedalboard. Best thing i ever did for myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would pass, even if your really short on cash, I think it would be much better in the long run to wait and save up for good gear than settle for cheap gear. Sooner or later, if its not of good quality, your going to outgrow it and want something else.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I would just be using it for home/practice. I'd be using it in front of a small Marshall solid state combo. I may just hold out for the GT-6.

Comment

Well, the effects on the ME-50 are going to be the same exact ones on the GT-6, they both run on the COSM whatever system.

Comment

The ME-50 and GT-6 are apparently IDENTICAL save for the lack of amp modelling features on the ME-50.

Comment

What kind of pedal would you recommend other than an ME-50? I thought about getting one of those out of the friend as they looked so easily tweakable. It really is a pretty straightforward layout.

Comment

Working...
            X