Mesa Boogie F-Series Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie F-Series Amps

Anybody played/heard them yet? Whatcha think?

Re: Mesa Boogie F-Series Amps

I've got an F-30 1x12 combo... love it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] There's a few other people here with F-series amps that also really like them. Use the Search function at the top of the page and look around the site.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

will do...thanks... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I had an F-30 also....loved it, but had to set it free (was in a pinch for $$$)

Comment

I've have Ken's and it's a killer amp

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I've have Ken's and it's a killer amp

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean, "I have Ken's"? Thanks for clarifying...

Comment

I've had an F-50 for over two years now and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Dual channels, with seperate reverb,
              how can you go wrong.

Comment

I bought Ken's f30 when he needed the cash,unfortunate for him but great for me

Comment

Do you guys who own F-30's think they are loud enough to gig with in a small/medium size club?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I bought Ken's f30 when he needed the cash,unfortunate for him but great for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the F-30 is loud enough to gig with in a small/medium size club? Thanks...

Comment

Yes, definitely. I've used mine in a jam situation in my cousin's rather large basement... he hits pretty hard and is loud; we can be heard all the way through and around his house and yard no problem.

Comment

I really like the clean channel. I thought it was better than the Single Recto's by a long shot. Between the SR and the F series' distortion, I didn't notice much difference between the two. If I had to pick by distortion type, I'd simply flip a coin, but the clean channel kills dude! I didn't even think about adjusting the pull-bright and it was still very clear. The Reverb sounds really good too. Definitely a cool thing to be able to control how much reverb per channel.

My complaints:

Can't set the gain level for the contour switch. Bigtime bummer. You're lighter distortion is at the mercy of how much gain you need when you kick in the contour.

No switchable FX loop.

No solo switch like most Mesas have.

Not really important, but I hate it when the treble is on the left and the bass on the right. Amps that have this really mess me up when I'm doing a quick adjustment.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed response...

Wow - that blows about not having the ability to set separate gain levels that correspond to the non-contour/contour selector...

Also - never having owned a Boogie - what is the function of the solo switch?

Thanks again... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The solo switch is a footswitchable boost for solo's. The amp actually has a knob marked Solo which governs how loud the channel volume is boosted when you step on the switch.
                            It works regardless of the channel you are on. It is the single greatest feature to ever hit an amp if you are a lead player. Not all Boogies have a solo feature.

Comment

I don't feel the F series really needs the boost feature. I can get enough gain out of the normal channel two, just kick in the contour for the boost if I feel I need it. Then again, I'm mostly a rhythm player and do play most of the time with the contour on. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If you need a boost, just put a volume pedal in the effects loop. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X