Mesa Boogie F-Series Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Boogie F-Series Amps

Wow - that solo switch IS a cool feature - especially since the user can regulate the amount of boost!!! Sounds like a great way to KEEP your tone - just boost the volume...

Thanks again, guys - for educationing me!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I don't feel the F series really needs the boost feature. I can get enough gain out of the normal channel two, just kick in the contour for the boost if I feel I need it. Then again, I'm mostly a rhythm player and do play most of the time with the contour on. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If you need a boost, just put a volume pedal in the effects loop. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toe is 100% correct. A volume pedal or clean boost pedal in the loop will do the same thing. It is nice to have the feature built in so you don't need extra cables. Also, on some amps, the effects loop is transparent and doesn't affect the tone if nothing is plugged into it. As soon as you plug anything into it the tone of your amp will change. I have noticed this on most every Mesa Boogie amp I have ever owned.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Wow - that solo switch IS a cool feature - especially since the user can regulate the amount of boost!!! Sounds like a great way to KEEP your tone - just boost the volume...

Thanks again, guys - for educationing me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
        Yup, definitely a cool thing, too bad the F series doesn't have it. It pisses me off badly. A boost in the effect loop will work just fine. If you think about it, it's a lot like having the solo switch. You can set how loud you want it to go when you step on it. That's a lot better than trying to dick with your volume pot, and impossible if you play on a distorted channel and want to keep your tone. Granted, the tone changes on the clean channel but not that badly. IMHO, there is only one difference in clean channels (concerning metal. Jazz is different): Good ones and bad ones. Peavey=bad, Fender=good. There are of course a few other technicallities, but none so noticable. A clean channel is a fucking clean channel, just make it sound bright and sparkly!

Also, if you're worried that badly about the tone effects the boost will have, you could throw an EQ pedal behind it. That way you can control the tone of it, if it gets really bad. If you get a good pedal, you more than likely won't have to worry about it.

The clean channel on this baby is versatile too. If you play different styles that need a clean channel, you can do so. I play jazz and rock, both asking for a different sound. I usually pull out the rock clean anyway because I can't stand that jazzy bassy sounding crap. But in any case, I see the F series amp being able to handle all of it just fine.

Comment

oh a peavey ain't to bad, I would not knock some of their amps clean channel. Musicman, now there is an amp that didn't have a decent clean channel.

Comment

As for clean sound, Fender clean w/ verb - a model of excellence!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              As for clean sound, Fender clean w/ verb - a model of excellence!

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% agree. I have a SS Fender Ultra Chorus. 2 x 12 stereo with a real analog stereo chorus and real spring reverb. It is the true definition of what a lush deep clean sound should be. I love the amp. It has a really nice vintage look to it too.

Comment

Working...
              X