Tonelab SE vs. GT6/GT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonelab SE vs. GT6/GT8?

Anyone try the Vox Tonelab SE floor processor compared to the Boss GT6 or GT8? I'm thinking of picking one of these up soon and not that sure of which one. They seem pretty comparable, but are there any pros, cons, suggestions of which would be better?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Tonelab SE vs. GT6/GT8?

The Tonelab sounds great, until you get to high gain. Too mushy, no chunk in there really. Really touch sensitive though, feels just like a tube amp when you are playing. Cool editing software too. (definitely a minus in my book for GT6 and GT8). GS10 is cool though..

Shawn

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Hmm, that sucks about the high gain. I do sometimes use lower gain, but most of the time I prefer pretty high and just roll back the volume when I need to. I think maybe I'll be better off with the Boss stuff then. I haven't really heard much about the GS10 but I should look into that one, too. Thanks!

Comment

The main difference between the GT6 and the GT8 is amp stacking. You can stack 2 different amps with the GT8 (just like the Vetta). The GT6 has killer high, medium,low and clean settings. The Matchless models are probably the best straight up rock tone I have ever heard.

Comment

Cool. Thanks, John. I'm leaning a little more towards the GT8 right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Cool. Thanks, John. I'm leaning a little more towards the GT8 right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame you on that. The GT8 is awesome.

Comment

I got a GT8 a few weeks ago myself. Tons of options, and I'm still learning something new everyday with it. And most of the models are pretty good, and definitely useable. Plus the option to throw an OD pedal out in front of an amp makes it evey better. Love the flexibility of it, though if you don't like to tweak it may not be the right one for you.

Comment

I don't mind tweaking at all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I just need to save up the cash to get one now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

A great patch is the Matchless with a SD-1 in front of it.

Comment

i like the tonelab alot. one of the more natural sounding modellers. i did find the higher gain amp settins a little lacking, but adding a stomp box effect thru tonelabs it helps alot. i like it alot better than my GNX & i havent tried the boss units.

Comment

Working...
                    X