How are those SKB Plastic Rack cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are those SKB Plastic Rack cases?

Durability? Ease of use? Workmanship? COmpared to a "standard" AAC wood/Aluminum rack? Alternatives?

I´m deciding between a midrange wooden rack and one of these, Because in the 8-10 HE range they´re the only ones I´m currently willing to shell the cash out for.....

What I need: 8-10 HE

Preferable specs (none essential): handles on the case (always hated that idea, handles on the covers), shockmount, wheels.

I´ve considered a rackbag, but I don´t see the sense in 1. making my rig look like luggage and 2. (more importantly) having a bag that I can sling around my shoulder filled with stuff that will easily break my back, it´s not like I´m gonna go lug a 10 HE rack on the subway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: How are those SKB Plastic Rack cases?

Years ago I used to work in a music store - and we sold SKB plastic rack cases...To be honest - I was quick to show customers other options (especially if they could afford to shell out a few extra $$$)...While the workmanship seemed "passable" - I was always concerned with their toughness, durability, and degree of protection they provided for the gear...Hope that helps...

Comment

If you are going on tour, go with a Calzone type case. If you gig locally, an SKB plastic road case is more than fine.

Comment

I know a few bands that tour with them, but when I bought my rack I shelled out the extra dough for a nice Road Ready one.

Comment

They are crap!
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

I´m starting to assess that, so I figured why not end it all...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...N%3AIT&rd=1

second score in 2 days, yesterday the 50:50 for 150€ w/o tubes and today the rack....at this rate I´ll have a ´58 Moderne by next tuesday [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They are crap. They bend and deform when carrying heavy stuff and near warmth...

Anvil, calzone etc...

Comment

Working...
              X