Mesa Mark IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Mark IV

There is a modded Mark III on Ebay now for $585.00. I had the simulclass switch removed and a boost circuit was added. The dumb thing is that the solo boost level is preset. The toggle switch that controlled the Simulclass feature now is a jack for the solo boost footswitch.
    It is a purple stripe model. The price is right but the seller doesn't know who did the mod. He did tell me that the solo boost level was perfect for live use. I am tempted but the mod is a little scarey.

Comment

well, i personally set all the tone controls in the preamp at 5 (except for the presence which is almost off) and adjust the tone using the graphic eq...but then again, i don't need a solo channel

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        well, i personally set all the tone controls in the preamp at 5 (except for the presence which is almost off) and adjust the tone using the graphic eq...but then again, i don't need a solo channel

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you increase your volume for a guitar solo?

Comment

easy. ATM i'm the rhythm only guy in my band [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you increase your volume for a guitar solo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put a Vox volume pedal in the effects loop of my Mark IV to boost my volume for solos. I keep the loop kicked in and have the volume pedal cut back a little. When I lead I turn off the effects loop and the volume boosts. I keep the pedal on the amp so it does not accidentally get stepped on.

Comment

Do you experience a delay when switching channels? I have read that the Mark II, III and IV all have a slight delay when you switch channels. That would't work out for the kind of channel switching I do.

Comment

I don't notice a delay. There are a couple songs we do that require quick switching.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Do you experience a delay when switching channels? I have read that the Mark II, III and IV all have a slight delay when you switch channels. That would't work out for the kind of channel switching I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never had a problem with my Mark IV's as far as lag time...
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                  X