No announcement yet.

JCM 800's: getting up close and nasty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCM 800\'s: getting up close and nasty.

no GOR, You don't like Marshall, you like MARK III, why do you like it, because I say so, yes that's why.

Just kidding bro.

But what do you think about ADA MP-1, they have the marshall sound, but with a lot of balls.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yup, I've considered an ADA, but I'm still scared of that stuff (lol). I hardly even know how regular tube amps work, so i'm not gonna mess with Midi shit and stuff! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All in due time. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

There's virtually no difference between the Older JMP 2203's and the JCM 800 2203's. Nothing was changed between 1979 and 1981 when they changed the cosmetics and the name. There are changes that have been made over the years, that make some amps sound different than others, but for the most part, a JMP will sound more like a pre '84 JCM 800, than a later model will, because they used half the filter caps from 85 up.

If you're worried about the channel bleeding with the 2205/2210, then look for one, that was made 1987 or later, they made some changes in 85,and even more in 87 to address the issue.
        Personally, I prefer the 2203 over all of them, and I vastly prefer EL34's, but that's just me. I'm not a "Diode Snob" I just prefer the tone.

Comment

Working...
        X