Rivera M100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera M100

anybody has playing experience with those ? I heard the clips on Rivera's web site and I thought it sounded a bit like a Mark head ...

any opinions on this amp ? ... I know there is HC but I'd like to know if any of you has playing experience with this amp

Re: Rivera M100

i have one (and an s-120 which is a 120 watt stereo version) and it is the only amp i will play. i recently sold a modded JCM 800 2204 and a Mesa Mark IV because i found i was NEVER using them.

to my ears the M100 is NOTHING like a mark series boogie. the rivera has a better clean and a more versatile gain channel. it has 15 knobs on the front panel and 7 of them are pull pots for EQ changes. it has a veriable send-return EFX loop which can be used as an extra footswitchable gain boost. it has another boost channel called slavemaster (i use it as a mute switch on stage) that can be used as a third channel and/or another efx loop.

the clean channel is perfect. it can be crystal clean or gritty depending on how you adjust the EQ and gain/boost knobs.

the lead channel is where most people are unhappy. i LOVE it. it isn't overly midrange heavy like a boogie mark amp, and it isn't as bright and cutting as say a Marshall...close, but not dead on. it's in between the boogie and the marshall. i can have my gain on 10 and play an open Cm/add9 chord and here all the notes ring out. it will sustain notes fine - i used to use a pedal but back off the gain, now i don't use a pedal and dime the gain.

the power section has a full/half power switch and a pentode/triode switch. depending on the combination you can have power between 18 watts and 100 watts output. i personally use the triode/full power which does about 38 watts. it gives me the type of "sag" i like when playing lead.

this amp will not do a modern rectifier-type sound. it is VERY rooted in 70's-80's hard rock/metal sounds. think scorpions on "savage amusement", think skid row on "slave to the grind", think saigon kick.

i LOVE my M100. guitars come and go. the ONLY consistent piece of gear that i use is that head. it has been my main and basically ONLY live amp since 1991. it is indestructible!!!!

hope this helps.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

do you have sound clips ?

Comment

here's a couple of mp.3's of songs by my band. all the guitars were recorded with my M100 and a rivera 1x12 cab with an EVM 12L speaker. with the exception of the wah pedal in the second half of the lead on the first song it's a guitar plugged straight into the front of the amp. the lead on the second song is a guitar plugged into a chorus and reverb pedal into a rivera R55.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/eigh...sic_page.shtml

it isn't the greatest quality, but it gets the job done.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X