Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Amps.... YOU CHOOSE!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you going to buy a Mesa Mk4 and put a Marshall badge on it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (sorry, couldn't resist)

Modded JMP, I am not a fan of the reissues but once modded anything can go.. I think the reissues made in 1988 the 1987S, are alot hotter than the 'X' series.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

John... Since you are thinking about the Mark IV and a Marshall I will go out on a limb and suggest the 6100 (I prefer the LM) That might fit you perfectly
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        John... Since you are thinking about the Mark IV and a Marshall I will go out on a limb and suggest the 6100 (I prefer the LM) That might fit you perfectly

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the regular 6100 in blue tolex, and let me tell you it is a killer amp, i would never get rid of her. I have had the LM as well, for heavier music the LM is better, for rock to hard rock i prefer the EL34's. The LM's red channel also has a different design, i think they added more gain to it!

Comment

Give me a stock 2204 vertical input Master Volume with GT E34Ls #7's, a MIJ DS-1 and a CH-1. No mods. Just tone.

Comment

I have a Zakk Wylde signature JCM 800 and a Plexi 1987 re-issue (50 watts). While they're both killer amps, I've actually been using the Plexi more lately.

Only problem with it is that it is so friggin LOUD. I use an Analog Man modified Metal Zone in front of it and run it only in channel one. I don't do the jumper cable thing that has been discussed. Why? Because Randy Rhoads didn't - and I love the tone he got out of those old single channel Marshalls. I've come very close to copying his tone with my rig. Unfortunately I don't have his chops, but I digress...

So I'd say go for the Plexi, I believe the basic tone is better and it's more flexible. And it's cheaper too if that matters to you.

Comment

I have a Zakk Sig JCM 800 and you can get his sound out of a stock 800 if it has the 6550's in it. With EMGs and an overdrive pedal cranked it's easy, there's really no mystery to it.

Although I'm pretty sure he still uses his original 800s not the reissues, but the other guy uses the reissues.

Jason

Comment

Working...
              X