New faceplate for XXX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New faceplate for XXX

Got a new faceplate for my XXX. I think it looks a little cleaner and does away with the cheesy mudflap girls. Check it out:

Before (Stock):

After w/new diamondplate:

Another view:

Re: New faceplate for XXX

Awesome! It needs "The Crusher" logo.

Comment

Good call!! Those "trucker girls" are soo 8th-grader lame. I'd cut something totally badass into the diamond plate, then put some coarse wire mesh behind the cutout. Then when you turn it on onstage you can see the tubes glow thorugh there. SWEET!!

Comment

They have them in black diamond as well. I think I'm going for a slotted finish wood front for mine. Maybe something layered like purpleheart/bloodwood and maple.

Comment

One of the guys in It Dies Today had a real cool faceplate on his Triple XXX when I saw them last year, I can't remember what it was though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Good call!! Those "trucker girls" are soo 8th-grader lame. I'd cut something totally badass into the diamond plate, then put some coarse wire mesh behind the cutout. Then when you turn it on onstage you can see the tubes glow thorugh there. SWEET!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great suggestion. I agree 100%.

Comment

That looks 100% better!!
              Good deals with:
              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Cool! I like it!

I was going to make one out of some color tinted plexiglass but, it's solid in behind so you would have to cut it out.

I did see one on e-bay made of clear plexiglass, you could see right inside so the guy took the wood out and it looked cool.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Much, much better.

Comment

Better, but it needs the XXX logo. Looks like it's a no-name brand now

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem with that is there is a wood panel behind the plate, it is totally solid. To cut into the wood requires a lot of work. I do plan on cutting out the TripleXXX logo from the stock panel and putting it on the diamondplate. Gotta get a dremel tool for that though....

Thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        ... put some coarse wire mesh behind the cutout. Then when you turn it on onstage you can see the tubes glow thorugh there. SWEET!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I plan on doing: I want the mesh so I can see through it, and for ventilation.

As for the wood behind the girlyplate, it is NOT a big deal to cut it out.

But I haven't done anything to mine yet, because (don't tell anybody) I actually don't mind the girls. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have the ole Stealth 50, and have been thinking of doing away with the stock logo too. I was thinking something funky, like a Mesa-type font, but having it say "Mega Bootie" instead... Hilarious, if I can get it done relatively cheap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          www.myspace.com/madeaband
                          www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I actually dig the girls, too. I like the fact that is very 8th grade. Rock and roll is supposed to be juvenille.

Comment

Looks good. I would have went with black if it were me. You should cut out a big XXX in the middle of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X