Ya gotta try the Boss DR-880!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya gotta try the Boss DR-880!!!

What an awesome tool. The ultimate home use modeler, drum machine, recorder, bass line machine. It is way cool. You plug your guitar right in, mix the drum, guitar and bass volumes, and away you go. You can choose the bass key, and choose up to 5 progressive bass lines. Great drum tracks, progressive bass lines,excellent tuner,outputs out the wazoo, sounds awesome through monitors or through an amp. The amps and effects sound great, and you have a fair amount of tweakability. For those of us who dont have a band handy, this thing is a godsend. I couldnt stop playing tonite, it sure made it fun having backing music. Anyway, check it out. My Pods and GS-10 are on the way out.

http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=135

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Ya gotta try the Boss DR-880!!!

It does lots of shit for sure but....is it easy to use?
    Oh and....clips! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I find it very intuitive, for sure. If you understand the format of a GT-6 or Gt-8, this is a breeze. I will get some clips together at some point.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Very interesting. I would love a band-in-a-box replacement, since I am lacking a band these days. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I had a Boss drum machine about 10 years ago that was very hard to use (for me), so I never thought about them again, but I'm sure they've changed a lot since then.

I've been thinking about getting an M-Audio Black Box, but it has no bass guitar. Thanks to your review, I'll start checking into the DR-880. I'd love to hear some clips. Thanks.

Comment

Honestly, it is really cool. I think the pods are great, as well as the g-10 and the J-station,(I own them all) etc...but it is a hell of alot more fun to have backing tracks. You can even loop , and record like 8-10 tracks. I run it through one of my clean amps, and it sounds unreal.

There are sound clips on the website BTW.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

any idea if the drum samples are close to the 770? I have a recording machine, and have been looking at them for a few months now. I'm kinda weary about the samples though. besides from what I remember, theres quite a difference in price from the 770 to the 880.
            www.myspace.com/madeaband
            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I just got mine 3 days ago, totally awesome!

Comment

Could someone please post some sound clips? So, what kind of amp models and effects does this machine offer?

Comment

Yea! Now I can get rid of all the other crap I have to use for a backing soundtrack and use this! Yea!Hopefully,JGcable will get one and explain it to us in a language we can understand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....................
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Damn you, Shawn! Now my GAS is really acting up!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok,I need this thing now! [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
                      Follow the link shawn posted in his first post,there are some cool audio clips and video clips that show the main features.

Comment

Ralph, you digging it? Seriously, it is awesome. Why the hell did it take so long to come up with this? I mean, this doesnt have the options amp-wise that a POD does, but the fun factor is through the roof.

Shawn
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Shawn:

So you plug it into a clean amp and presto? How hard it is to program? Are the amp models decent?

Comment

Thanks Shawn this is what I have been looking for I am buying one this thing looks perfect
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I just saw the sample videos at the Boss website and all I can say is WOW! The box sounds great. I wonder how those audio samples would compare to samples prepared by you guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X