Ya gotta try the Boss DR-880!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ya gotta try the Boss DR-880!!!

These are wayyyy cool. Picked one up about a month ago. I like the way the effects sync with the groove.

Here are a couple of tunes I recorded with it. Both were tracked live into SONOR - no effects, dubs, or mastering of any kind. Just me, my 750xl, and my DR-880.

GROOVE CHEWY

MI DE LEI
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Great clips Nor. I guess you don't actually have to plug your guitar into box, right? Can it be used as a standalone rhythm box?

Comment

My bass player and I used a DR-660 back in 96' to write all of the songs that ended up on our cd. Just used it as a scratch track to present to the band, but it was invaluable in that capacity. My 660 was the one piece of gear that I just could never part with.
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Great clips Nor. I guess you don't actually have to plug your guitar into box, right? Can it be used as a standalone rhythm box?

[/ QUOTE ]
          Correct. I like my J-Station better, but ya can't beat the convenience of having everything in one box.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

To clarify an earlier statement, my Pods are gone, but the GS-10 is going nowhere. That is another great piece of gear from Boss. The editing software is the shit, essentially every pedal they ever made, right there on your screen. The Jstation, i will keep, because it was so cheap, whats the point in selling it. The guitar part of this D880, is cool, not gs-10 cool, but convenience wise, it rules.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I'm going to check MF or AMS for prices on it. Question: Will it sound good if hooked to a decent pair of speakers?

Comment

They would need to be POWERED speakers, or monitors, but yes, it sounds great.

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I've been thinking about a drum machine too. That's all I need, more gear. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

I have a DR-880 also. The drum sounds are the absolute best I've ever heard in any drum machine, ever. I love it!

However, I thought the guitar sounds were crap compared to my PODxt. Very thin and buzzy, though the clean sounds might be ok. It would be ok for a practice tool, but I don't think the 880 would be very useful for recording guitar. But then, I'm not a fan of Roland's COSM guitar modeling system, which the 880 uses.

Comment

I just ordered the dr880!

Comment

Working...
                      X