X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Harmonist mini review and clip

http://www.mothrastewart.com/audio/love1.mp3

http://www.mothrastewart.com/audio/love2.mp3

Ok. I recorded the little harmonized part on 'Is this love' from Whitesnake twice. love1 is with the pedal AFTER my XT Live: love2 is guitar-->harmonist pedal-->Xt Live. Then the PC.

I did split both tracks into stereo, and did them without any reverb - I added the reverb with software, but it was the same amount to both tracks.

My opinion? The thing tracks better when you have it first, but when you do, distortion will make it sound like it's the same guitar playing the harmonies - you get crosstalk.

When you have it AFTER the distortion, it sounds better but the tracking isn't as good. I haven't plugged it into my Vetta yet - I'll likely take one half of my fx loop (it's true stereo - if you run two amps, each amp can have it's own loop) and run the harmonist, and put all the effects post fx loop. You can also patch in the effects loop series, parallel, determine where in the path it goes, etc... I think it's going to work out pretty good. I just need to get my lazy ass downstairs and bring my Vetta up to the guitar room and hook the damned thing up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Boss Harmonist mini review and clip

The first track love 1 sounds much better of course. The Harmonist is so cool.It sounded great Pete.

Comment

Thanks man. It doesn't sound as good isolated, but I think for live use it will help with the harmony bits here and there.

Pete

Comment

I also like the first one,Pete.Does Boss still make the Harmonist?I thought it had been discontinued but what do I know...........
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

The first one sounds miles better. I can hear what you mean by 'sounds as if it's one guitar playing the harmony', but it's not really bothering.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Very cool Pete,I love my Harmonist & live it does a good job & it takes a beating too!!
            They discontinued 'em RT,replaced it with the PS-3 Pitch Shifter/Delay!!

Comment

hey Pete, the first one sounds bretty cool, gotta get one for myself.

btw. where did you get the backing track.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
              X