my new amp...JSX/Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new amp...JSX/Marshall

I scored the head off a guy on the HC amp forum for $750 shipped. I couldn't believe the condition it was in...it looked like it came straight from the factory. Everything was packed in it's original packaging. I love this thing! I've heard a lot of people talk about how these sound thin at high volumes but I honestly don't get it. I'm no amp guru but I think it sounds full and thick and it's extremely versatile. Great cleans, the crunch channel can go from classic rock to metal, and the ultra channel can go from metal to brutal.

I scored the cab at GC in Warwick, RI for $399. A few scuffs and a little ripped toltex but other than that it's in great shape. This setup shakes the house with the master volume on 2. I'm completely happy with it.

Re: my new amp...JSX/Marshall

Looks like a nice rig !

congrats !

Comment

Ive got the same setup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...TubeLead21.jpg

I think the people that thought the tones were thin abused the EQ, Its an active EQ, not a passive EQ, you cant just dime it like a Marshall and expect perfection. Another thing to be watched is the prescence knob, too much -thin and harsh, I like it around 6.

Comment

i think the JSX sounds pretty damn good. it even has a built in noise gate. how cool!

im not too keen on it's looks though. always thought it was too cheap/flashy, but thats not what matters.

Comment

Looks great! Can't wait to hear it

Comment

Cool rig. I have a JSX and use it with either a Marshall 1936 or my Mesa 4x12 Recto cab. I think you'll like it with the Marshall, and I too can't understand why some say its sounds thin?!?

Here's a quick clip of my JSX through my Marshall cab using just the crunch channel with a little delay from a Rocktron Xpression...starts pretty laid back and then it gets heavier a minute or so into it.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000028770.mp3

Comment

How does it sound for strictly high gain metal ...I'm very curious ...haven't played one yet..

Those are stocked with 6L6s right..I gravitate towards amps with 6L6s..I don't like EL34s..not at all.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It does metal no problem. The ultra channel has way more gain then I could ever use. It comes with EL34's but it has a bias switch for running 6L6's. I'm going to buy me some 6L6's very soon to see how they sound.

Comment

The XXX comes with 6l6's.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                  X