Marshall in da house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall in da house

so well, last weekend played two shows using my 2210.
    two words: HOLY CRAP
    it crapped all over my lead guitar players TSL marshall (although he played through the better cabs at both gigs....always a marshall 1960a, wheras i had to use a hughes and kettner attax cab at the first gig and a 1936 2x12 marshall cab at the second one). the soundguy (who's been working in a professional recording studio for decades) said he was definitely surprised by the clarity and punch this thing has to offer. originally he recommended me either an engl or a brunetti, but this "cheap" marshall stands up VERY well against those two brands.
    the sound is rather bright, very cutting, and clear. not 100% as clear as i'd like it, though (think john schaffers tone to get an idea of what i call very clear). there is still room for improvement....more GAS to come, i know it ^^

anyways, back to the amp. my settings didn't change much from the ones i posted above. at both gigs i had the presence just a hair above zero, volume between 4 and 5, gain at 8 (this is thrash metal....it has just the right amount of gain...although i'm using mostly emg 81 equipped guitars through a wireless system which is set to a -slight-boost), bass 8,5 mid 7, treble 5,5 channel volume 6-7

no matter where i stood, my sound was there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] me likey

all in all, i pretty much agree with jgcable. it IS a band-away amp, or well, it can be. it doesn't really do the old vintage marshall sound, though. i'd say that most 80s metal is in there, as well as some more rock oriented sounds, but it doesn't do the yngwie violin like sustain thing, nor does it do the rhoads type all-midrange sound......well, it might, but i dislike his sound ^^ and maybe even yngwie is in there when used with a yngwie strat instead of a king V [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Brunetti's are great amps. I played a 059 head through a Marshall 1960a halfstack one, because the guy wanted to trade the head for my soloist. It packed a friggin' punch! Why oh why didn't I trade for it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Cool! I'm glad you're stoked.
        I love my modded Marshall 4210, and yabba reports the low end punch is now superior to his ENGL Fireball! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Fragle -

Very cool....now do yourself a favor - get a Hot Plate and crank that biatch up. Your other guitar player won't know what hit him when you're able to run that head wide open and reel it back in with the HP...granted attenuated tone is a bit different, but an attenuated dimed amp is better than one thats working half as hard.

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ...the clean isn't actually that bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But seriously, who modded yours?
            [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

mh? no mods done here. of course it ain't no fender clean, and my mesa smokes it when it comes to clean sounds, AND hardly use the clean channel of any amp except for muting purposes, BUT for what it does - marshall style clean sounds - it sounds decent. i'd say mine sounds about as good as the DSL clean channel if you watch your picking strength. and once again, i don't notice any bleedthrough effect.

Comment

Working...
              X