I bought a new amp!!! Yippeee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I bought a new amp!!! Yippeee...

Awesome, John! Get that sucker back to bone stock and never look back. Now we have the same amp, stripe and all!
    Good luck with her, and if you need help comparing when your restoring begins, just let me know how I can help!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Awesome, John! Get that sucker back to bone stock and never look back. Now we have the same amp, stripe and all!
      Good luck with her, and if you need help comparing when your restoring begins, just let me know how I can help!

[/ QUOTE ]

John, thanks!! You will be hearing from me when I get it. I want to return it to stock (it should be no problem) so I will need an owner of a stock purple stripe Mark III to reference and you are the man! I can't wait to get it. We will definately compare settings!!!
      BTW... I guess I did pretty good on it. 2 Ebay members who were watching it emailed me and asked to keep them in mind if I decided I didn't like it.

Comment

That is a solid deal John... I think you will be far happier with that than you would have the Nomad IMO
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

no doubt a nice price...

Comment

Jg,I can't belive you abandoned the Laney! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]Just kidding,great score!.............
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Jg,I can't belive you abandoned the Laney! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]Just kidding,great score!.............

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim, the Laney isn't going anywhere. I play it everyday at home. It ROCKS. I am actually buying another one. A PL50HR.
              I bought the Mark III strictly on a WANT basis.

Comment

I think the Laney won't be getting much playing time anymore, once that mK III arrives! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think the Laney won't be getting much playing time anymore, once that mK III arrives! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mark III is going to be my gigging amp. I am in the process (I hope) of selling my Carvin MTS3200 and the Mark III is taking its place. The Laney will always be my every day amp and backup at gigs. I have a few gigs possibly coming up with multiple bands and for those gigs I will bring the Laney and the GT6. Our rehearsal space may be moving to a spot where we will have to rehearse at a lower level than cranked half stacks. I will be using the Laney or my Fender Ultra Chorus for that.

Comment

I had a Mark III about 3 years ago and used it all the time. Very loud, very 80's thrash sounding. Lots of fun to play through.

Comment

Well, my Mark III should be home waiting for me right now. A full review (of course) to follow very shortly.

Comment

Well, John, I can not not say this: keep me in mind if you don't like her! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well, John, I can not not say this: keep me in mind if you don't like her! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will, I am gonna give it a severe thrashing. If I can't "find" my tone its GONE.... I have always wanted one but I never get attached to amps that don't do it for me. Why do Matchless amps have to be so friggin expensive?
                          I have a funny feeling that I am gonna love this Mark III.

Comment

Excellent man, appreciate it.

I am pretty sure you'll be in love with that Mark as well, especially once you brought her back to stock.

Comment

John, you better be prepared to do serious tweaking to find the tone. I tweak mine everyday. My tone is most certainly there, it's just a matter of fine tuning. I think you'll love this amp. Keep in touch!

Comment

yeah, that sucker needs some serious foreplay before she starts giving some good orgasms. But it is worth it.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X