Rivera Speaker ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera Speaker ID

I was told the speakers in my Rivera R412T cabinet are celestion G1255's, but I took the handles off the cab today and looked inside.

Well, they don't look like celestions. The speakers have all black backs with no markings or datecode I can see on the basket. There is a sticker on the side of the magnet that says "110-014" and a few other things like "G3" and "8 ohm" but no other info.

The back of the cab says "Speaker 110-014" next to the serial # and model # of the cab, so I believe they are original.

Any ideas?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Rivera Speaker ID

The cone says "1273" on the backside too

Here are some pictures:

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I can't see the pics but typically, black non-marked OEM speakers with markings like yours are Eminence speakers.
      I can't recall ever seeing a Celestion speaker that wasn't labeled. Your speakers should be G12L-55's which are not black. Rivera did use Eminence speakers too but they call out Celestions for your cabinet. It is possible that the G12L-55 is a custom made OEM Celestion made solely for Rivera and non-labeled. I am sure you can call Rivera or Email them and ask. They will know for sure.

Comment

eminence is 110 prefix. They also use ps labels like that.

Comment

Thanks, now to figure out which eminence!
          I see it's a 1991 made on Monday of week 46 serial # 0169

Thanks, I can probably handle it from here.

Comment

It is probably their Vintage 30 clone. I think they now call it the Legend V30 or V12. Something like that.

Comment

Working...
            X