Echo units.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo units.

I am in the market for (slowy searching for) an echo unit for my guitar......Years ago Fender and Echoplex were the breakfast of champions...but I have no idea as to what is the best out there today? And what about the roland space echos? Can anyone tell me what are the best echo units out there?

Re: Echo units.

I don't know if it is still considered the "gold standard", but I had a Chandler Digital Echo back in the early '90s...and it was considered the only non-tape echo that could produce echoplex quality effects. I put it on E-Bay years ago as it was gathering dust. If I recall correctly, that sucker went for close to $500!!! I had no clue that it had become the TS-9 of Echos.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I sold my Genuine Echoplex several months ago. I had it for 25 years or so. It was very good as far as echo goes, but I was constantly repairing the cabinet (wood) and had to replace the heads several times. I have since replaced it with a T.C. Electronics G-Major and I'm very happy with it. Plus you get whole spectrum of delays, flanges and chourus' in the unit. The G-Major even has a rockabilly (50's sounding echo) patch in the presets and you can go to Brian Setzer, Scotty Moore or Duane Eddy it a heartbeat!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Any of the modern DD will work with some tweaking & no tape problems . All you have to do is restrict the highs to 2k and under to get a tape echo type sound.

Comment

I've read somewhere Fulltone makes Tape Echo Unit now.

Comment

I love my multivox. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but I think pedals and rack mounts can dupicate ok..they still sound 'modulated' or slightly detuned sometimes. Tape has its drawbacks but it sure is warm. Watkins and Dynachord have some really great euro models-voltage can be an issue tho sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X