Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about a good 2x12 combo...Under $600??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about a good 2x12 combo...Under $600??

Hey guys. I'm looking for a good, versatile 2x12 combo. I play mostly metalcore, and stuff like that, but I also like to have a great clean tone. I was thinking of getting a flextone III but I'm not sure if this is the way to go. What other 2x12 combos can you reccomend? Thanks in advance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Tell me about a good 2x12 combo...Under $600??

line 6 does great modeling tones, but as to there amplifiers, it seems there power sections break down alot and if you are gigging it wouldnt be that reliable. I would say get 5150 combo but the cleans arent the greatest on them. Maybe try getting a used pod, power amp and a 2x12 cabinet

Comment

Carvin MTS3212
      Used Carvin Legacy
      The Flextone III is a great choice. The bad stories are regarding the 1st gen Flextone's and the very early Flextone 2XL's before they changed the transformers and the speakers. They come stock with Celestions now.

Comment

Just get the 5150 and be done with it.

Clean baaaaaaaaad.
        Distorted gooooooood.

Comment

Make sure when you get your 5150 combo you get the roadie option. It is a hidden option so you have to ask for it.
          Don't forget. Its REALLY important. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

5150 combo is an amp for men. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehe...I already have a 5150 head, just looking for a good combo por practices and such. Thanks for the suggestions. JG, is the MTS combo worth it? I tried the head and it was badass.

Comment

Line 6?????????????? fuck them, Marshall is the only way to go.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played a marshall latley? Sad thing is the Line 6 does a great marshall and then a million other tones. Oh and dont give me that crap about how the line 6 will never compare to a tube amp, only about 10% of musicians would truley no the difference and the difference is so minor that your audience would never even know.

Line 6 gets bad raps from tube purists who think if it doesnt have a little shinny thing that glows and needs to be replaced then it is crap! Tubes only BIG advanage is at high volumes the power section sounds warmer and better, but with line 6 and enough wattage on the output power you never have to worry about that problem.

Each kinda of amp (tube or solid state) has there own little advantages over the other, but i tell you, in another ten years i bet you will see more amps like line 6 on stage then you will pure tube amps. Everyday line 6 come closer to perfecting there sounds.

And i dont know about where you play, but pretty much everyplace i ever goto they mic the amps and actualy having a tube amp hurts you in small club situations since they get pissed at you as soon as you start to turn them up a little.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played a marshall latley? Sad thing is the Line 6 does a great marshall and then a million other tones. Oh and dont give me that crap about how the line 6 will never compare to a tube amp, only about 10% of musicians would truley no the difference and the difference is so minor that your audience would never even know.

Line 6 gets bad raps from tube purists who think if it doesnt have a little shinny thing that glows and needs to be replaced then it is crap! Tubes only BIG advanage is at high volumes the power section sounds warmer and better, but with line 6 and enough wattage on the output power you never have to worry about that problem.

Each kinda of amp (tube or solid state) has there own little advantages over the other, but i tell you, in another ten years i bet you will see more amps like line 6 on stage then you will pure tube amps. Everyday line 6 come closer to perfecting there sounds.

And i dont know about where you play, but pretty much everyplace i ever goto they mic the amps and actualy having a tube amp hurts you in small club situations since they get pissed at you as soon as you start to turn them up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] +1
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hehe...I already have a 5150 head, just looking for a good combo por practices and such. Thanks for the suggestions. JG, is the MTS combo worth it? I tried the head and it was badass.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MTS3212 has a several things going for it.
                      1. It is affordable (especially used)
                      2. It sounds great
                      3. It isn't heavy and is very easy to carry around
                      4. Its LOUD if you need it.
                      5. It has the best clean channel of any 100w high gain amp I have ever heard.
                      I sold my 5150 combo and bought a MTS3212 to replace it. The 5150 was killer but just too big and heavy, plus the clean channel sucked and I really like a good clean channel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+2 indeed, truer words never spoken [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The MTS3212 has a several things going for it.
                          1. It is affordable (especially used)
                          2. It sounds great
                          3. It isn't heavy and is very easy to carry around
                          4. Its LOUD if you need it.
                          5. It has the best clean channel of any 100w high gain amp I have ever heard.
                          I sold my 5150 combo and bought a MTS3212 to replace it. The 5150 was killer but just too big and heavy, plus the clean channel sucked and I really like a good clean channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the review JG. A friend of mine sells me his for $400 and it's in almost new condition. Well...Thanks guys for helping me out!

Comment

Post a review of it!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+2 indeed, truer words never spoken [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+3 and 4 (I have a Vetta and a PODXT)

Comment

Working...
                              X