X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fab Amp Metalhead review

[ QUOTE ]
    that amp look brett cool IMO, not a fan of marshalls but it sounds decent.

does FabAmp makes any Boogie Dual Rectifier sounding amps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Endrick, it sounds like his Powerwave would give you that ultra high-gain sound. Not sure how much like a Recto it sounds...from reading his Web copy, he may have been aiming more at Bogner.

Comment

*sigh*

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post12133138

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of curious why you're all over this guy so much. El Kabong has posted his review and it's positive. My experience with buying an amp from Rob was also positive. The wiring inside my amp is neat and the construction is solid. I did my research before buying the amp and I'm happy with what I got. You can listen to the clip I posted and make your own assessment about how the amp sounds. The one thing I've noticed in all of the various posts I've read, nobody seems to say anything negative about how the amps sounds. Isn't that supposed to be the important thing?
        If you have some kind of personal issues with Rob, you need to take them up directly with him. The fact that you're posting clips of your amps makes me more than a little suspicious as to your motives.

Comment

It would seem the can 'o spam is much deeper than originally estimated.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of curious why you're all over this guy so much. El Kabong has posted his review and it's positive. My experience with buying an amp from Rob was also positive. The wiring inside my amp is neat and the construction is solid. I did my research before buying the amp and I'm happy with what I got. You can listen to the clip I posted and make your own assessment about how the amp sounds. The one thing I've noticed in all of the various posts I've read, nobody seems to say anything negative about how the amps sounds. Isn't that supposed to be the important thing?
            If you have some kind of personal issues with Rob, you need to take them up directly with him. The fact that you're posting clips of your amps makes me more than a little suspicious as to your motives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't sold an amp in a year. I haven't built an amp for sale since I did one for Fritz. If you ask people who have inquired about me building them an amp, I usually DISCOURAGE them from having me do it - instead of blow smoke up their ass. Last two guys who wanted me to build an amp, for what they wanted to do, I recommended buying a Line 6 Spider II. I don't really have time to build any amps right now, and I left this screen name as it is because it keeps my post count.

If I was trying to sell amps, why would I drop my domain name? BTW, probably the last dozen clips I posted (or more) were Line6 gear. Are you saying I'm building modelling amps now?

BTW, there have been many negative threads about how the amps sounded... I actually think I have a video clip of a fab amp that made it to a harmony central ampfest. This was about the time that fab said he could make a 'matchmore' amp that smoked a matchless, with a better than plexi channel for under $200.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The fact that you're posting clips of your amps makes me more than a little suspicious as to your motives.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Speaknoevil: Here's the way this board works: Most of the folks here look out for one another to keep them from getting ripped off or taken advantage of. Pete obviously felt that there was a legitimate reason to post about Fab Amp. 'Nuff said.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't sold an amp in a year. I haven't built an amp for sale since I did one for Fritz. If you ask people who have inquired about me building them an amp, I usually DISCOURAGE them from having me do it - instead of blow smoke up their ass. Last two guys who wanted me to build an amp, for what they wanted to do, I recommended buying a Line 6 Spider II. I don't really have time to build any amps right now, and I left this screen name as it is because it keeps my post count.

If I was trying to sell amps, why would I drop my domain name? BTW, probably the last dozen clips I posted (or more) were Line6 gear. Are you saying I'm building modelling amps now?

BTW, there have been many negative threads about how the amps sounded... I actually think I have a video clip of a fab amp that made it to a harmony central ampfest. This was about the time that fab said he could make a 'matchmore' amp that smoked a matchless, with a better than plexi channel for under $200.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete: Your link has several clip under "Amps I Built". If you don't make amps anymore that's cool. It just gave me that impression.
                This all just seems like a big shitfest to me. If you have some past issues with Rob, that's between you two and I really don't have an interest in being a part of it. I'm happy with my purchase and that's all the really matters in my mind.

Comment

LOL this guy is trying to pull fast ones on the JCF and the Gear Page? Two of the non BS sites? good luck Fab
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The fact that you're posting clips of your amps makes me more than a little suspicious as to your motives.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you've been here FOUR FREAKING DAYS and seem to know quite a bit about the posting habits of longtime members makes me more than a little suspicious as to your motives.

I smell a rat. A SPAM/TROLL rat. More than one, actually.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

a few things here:

el_kabong: congrats on your amp purchase. i'm glad you're enjoying it, and i hope it serves you well.

fab: get your website link out of your signature. it's considered advertising, and you're not paying to do it here. that will not be tolerated, as it's unfair to this board's sponsoring dealers.

i have no idea who you are, partially because i don't go to HC, and i'm not gay for amps. i've got a jcm800 that works, so i don't really care about much else. i do, however, know pete, and have for years. i understand that you may feel a little attacked, but don't bring HC shit here.

spknoevl: welcome to the board, it's nice to see a fellow dallas resident here. the only issue that i need to raise with you is that posting that you're looking to buy guitars here as a junior member is against board rules. check the rules of the road thread in the general section for more info.

other than that, i'd like to stress the importance of starting out here on a good foot. fab, you've not done that, and again, don't bring HC shit here, or you'll find your stay a very short one.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                      X