Picked me up a new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked me up a new toy

Ok, seeing I don't have an amp or any effects since I sold my stuff, I went out and bought a Line 6 POD XT Live. I plugged it into the front of my friend's crappy Fender combo (2 watt practice amp) and it sucked!! Then I pick up the manual (ass backwards I tell ya [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) and saw exactly how many different configurations I can hook it up to, that's not counting how many possibilities there are messing with amps, cabs, mics, mic spacing, effects, mods and tweaking those also. Hooked it up correctly this time through a power amp and cab and woooooeeeeee! Tone baby! This thing is so damn versitile it kills me. And even if ya don't dig the presets, no problem. Editing is so in depth that there's no way you can't find a good tone from this thing. Modelling technology has come a far way and for people to ignore it because they prefer tubes (I still love tubes, but this suites another purpose very well) is just wrong I tell ya. I recorded my first MP3 to the computer and the tone was just amazing. I think people who don't find a good tone just don't really take the time to learn how to use a piece like this. I myself was like that, I never bought a Vetta because there are 3000 things I won't use (and this is kinda just like that), but taking the time to learn and play with this stuff is really worth it. Next week I'm gonna really sit down with it and create my patches and tones. I was gonna post my MP3, but I realized how horrible I play (I didn't think I was that bad really [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]), but this has motivated me so much to play more and become much tighter than I am. And with this direct recording thing I've been laying down tracks here and there and it sounds awsome. I'm actually taking up drums to help me with timing and all, but that's an entirely different post. Just leavin feedback on a great product. Now I need to buy a power amp and cab for BS'in in the house. But this is definatly worth the $

Re: Picked me up a new toy

Amen!! I have a Vetta Combo and a PODXT. I would need 30 tube amps to pull off what just one of these pieces can give me. The tube amps may sound better, but I'd rather have good tone and versatility than a great one trick pony!

Comment

Cool! Pick up a little one-space Carvin DCM150 and either 1x12 or 2x12 cab and you'll be rockin!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ya know I was gonna ask about what power amp to use. Not gonna think any further than the Carvin though, thanks! I'm buying a Randall 210 cab to use in a few weeks to hook it up to, so should be rockin out soon. Thanks toejam [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool. No problem! I've got that little power amp in my living room and use in with a home made 1x12 cab I bought off of Slayer (Jack). I guess it was a bass combo amp at one time that had the chassis ripped out and so I just put a Korg tuner and the power amp in there, and it's got a Celestion G1275T. I usually use it with either my old DOD GS30 floor processor or SansAmp Tri-AC pedal. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey man. Newc has this Atomium pa/cab for sale, that's made to operate on a POD or a V-amp, it even has a special input slot for one. He's selling it, check out the classifieds!
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
            X