Russian JCM-800 copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian JCM-800 copy

I can get one for 200 euro head + 412 cab.

Have any of you had experience whith this and if so are they any good ?

Re: Russian JCM-800 copy

That logo looks funky....kinda "bloated"...LOL...but for 200 Euro...that sounds like a good deal!

Comment

dunno about this

but if this is a relogoed head of one of those brands - Red Bear , Sovtek (sic! they made heads back in the day ) or Petersburg then from what i know you should go for it

Comment

don't expect much from it, I definetly wouldn't buy it.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

If the guts turn out to be a Sovtek MIG-50/100 or Petersburg, you made a killer deal, not familiar with teh Bears....

But if they end up being some chaepo, then the amp is only worth as much as it´s tone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but you can sell the cab alone for more than 200 €, most 4x12s go for around 300€ on Fleabay, so you´d probably be a bit mental NOT to do it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say 'play before you buy' is a rule best followed here. Because if their typography skills are anything to judge by, I don't think the amp is going to be spectacular! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanx for your help guys !

Shot him a few questions about the origin of the amp, in his ad he says it sounds more like a plexi then a real jcm-800 and the channel switch is not working wich would not really be a problem for me since i use distortion of MT-2,

there is a bigger problem though, i live in a dorm like place so i'll have to move a lotta shit around to make place for it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ....there is a bigger problem though, i live in a dorm like place so i'll have to move a lotta shit around to make place for it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Got the same issue, as soon as we´re out of the studio I´ve gotta figure out where the hell to put my rack [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The guy responded it is 50 watt(2x EL34 en 5 x ECC81) and made by J.P.E. Products LTD, 30 watt Celestion like speakers.

He has allready a few people coming over tomorrow to check it out and i don't have time, so i guess someone else will take it.

B.T.W. for those of you interested in sovtek amps,there
                  is a real nice 50 MIG on german ebay. HERE

Comment

With any kind of copy, stop and ask yourself if you ever plan on selling it. It's going to have absolutely no resale value, is evidenced by what this guy is trying to sell it for.

Comment

Working...
                    X