Alesis DM Pro vs QSR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis DM Pro vs QSR?

Ok, I've asked a couple of Ebay sellers who had a DM Pro this question, and all I get is "the DM Pro replaced the DM5", and Alesis' site is no help.

Does anyone here know if the DM Pro's drums are just the drum section from the QS synth series (QS6, 7, 8, R) or are they beefed up/better than those? I've got a QSR, and a QS6, and I've been using the QSR lately for drums, but if the DM Pro is better (more realistic sounds, more internal RAM for better-sounding kits, etc) then I'd like to get one since they seem to be dropping rapidly.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Alesis DM Pro vs QSR?

don't know, but it didn't replace the DM-5, because alesis still makes the DM-5, but not the Pro. i use the DM-5 and like it a lot. i know that doesn't answer your question. i do know that the DM-pro has more outputs than the 5....sorry.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

As far as I know, the main difference with the DM Pro is that you have more ability to edit the sounds, rather than being constrained by the existing presets. A drummer told me that once though, so no guarantee ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i was under the impression the DMpro is the Alesis QS drum kits/tones.I have QS8.1 synth and the kit sounds great
        But dont take my word for it newc..lol..i looked in my manual for the drum section and i couldnt find out a lot about the engine used-ect

Comment

Newc,
          I had both the DM5 and DMPro. I felt the DMPro was far superior and sounded much more realistic. One of the really nice features of the DMPro is that it has a pcmcia card slot. This gives you the ability to store whatever sounds you want on the card and load them into the DMPro.
          Good deals with:
          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Thanks all.
            I've got a QSR and the drums in it are definitely fully editable - including cymbal sustain for those "Kashmir" cymbals [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] and other settings (EQ for the kicks to get the "When The Levee Breaks" kick tone [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am interested in the DM Pro's 6 outputs over the QSR's 4, but then technically the QSR has 6 outs counting the Optical Stereo Out. Does the Pro have 6 1/4" mono outs or 4 1/4" with one stereo digital out?
            If it's not going to be ravingly better than the QSR I won't bother with it.

The only thing I don't like about the QSR is that I can't build the Killer Kit I want AND apply it to a User Mix with other kickass instrument mixes because I used up all the memory with the drumset [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I really need to find RAM cards - how big do they make them? 1GB yet? 256K ain't quite gonna do it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            8MB might be okay.

I've also got the Sanctuary card for voices and bells mostly, and those sound great.

And the QSR has 2 PCMCIA slots [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X