anyone played a peavey transtube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone played a peavey transtube?

I was wondering if anyone has played thru one of the new transtube 212 combo's? I'm wondering if they are good for Iced Earth to Slayer type crunch.If not,do you know one that is for around $700?
    Any help is very appreciated!!

Dan

Re: anyone played a peavey transtube?

I didn't realize they were that expensive but to answer your question. Yes, they are good for Iced Earth and Slayer. The Transtube 212 has a ton of gain.

Comment

why don't you wait for the new valveking if you're not against chinese manufacture?They're cheaper and all valve.

Comment

It's actually gonna run about $550. $700 is what I have budgeted for an amp.I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

Mordor- I just read about the valveking a few post below.I've looked for info on it,but have came up empty and my 65th anniversary crate g-60 finally bit the dust last night.I have no other means of application,so I kinda need one now!
        Thanks guys!

Comment

I paid $550 for a TransTube Special 212 many years ago, and had a TransTube Express 112 before that. Very reliable amps, hold their tone at gigging volumes (great if you LIKE that tone) and are a great value for the money. I've gigged with the Special, and have used various solid state Peaveys for practice for at least ten years now.

Honestly, I'd suggest spending a little more for the XXL. I think that it's one of the best solid state amps I've ever heard, although it has plenty of critics too.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm a tube snob (according to some here) and I dig the Transtube stuff. Very, very good gear!

Comment

I just bought a transtube special 212 for $500 + tx. This thing is HEAVY and I don't mean sounding.It weighs a ton!!I really liked the sound of it at the store.I need to play around with it more to get a better feel for it,but so far I like it! Best part is he thru in a set of behringer headphones,a 25' guitar cord(crate) and a couple sets of dean markley's!! Freebies rock!!
              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Dan

Thanks to all that replied! You guy's rock also [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

Comment

Working...
              X