Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mark III review

[ QUOTE ]
    Mark 3's rule got mine for $600 in 1994. It's big, mean and savage. There are other amps I want but I'll never let go of this one.
    Tid bit for the Metallica heads. Hetfield did the Master of Puppets tour with Mark 3 colesium heads.
    I've also read Petrucci used Mark 3's for Dream Theater's first couple albums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big mean and savage is a good way to put it. It sounds like a computer server when you power it up. It is such an IN YOUR FACE amp. Brutal. Totally brutal. This is certainly not a bedroom amp. I am now looking for a roadcase for it.

Comment

Re: Mark III review UPDATE

This amp KILLS. I really feel bad for all my other amps and processors.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Btw, you are correct buzz. Hetfield and John both used a combination of IIC+'s and III's.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hey John, when you retubed the III did you go with a combo of EL34's and 6L6's in the power section, or 4 6L6's like it had when you got it? I'm looking hard at Mk III's right now myself, and wondered what you based your post- new tubes reviews on.
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

ok, I found your answer in another thread, thanks!
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

A set of E34L's and a set of 6L6's. I also replaced the preamp tubes with ECC83S's and a matched one for the inverter.

Comment

Working...
              X