Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

* Genius* - Want a Marshall sound? get a ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: * Genius* - Want a Marshall sound? get a ..

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    is it good for leads as well ? since it's only 1 channel

[/ QUOTE ]

No...it doesn't have the lead mod installed. Maybe next time.

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

what do guys like Zakk Wylde and Slahs do ? do they use 2 JCM 800 or do they mod them ? ... I'm no Zakk Wylde by any means, I just want to know what they do

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      is it good for leads as well ? since it's only 1 channel

[/ QUOTE ]

No...it doesn't have the lead mod installed. Maybe next time.

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

what do guys like Zakk Wylde and Slahs do ? do they use 2 JCM 800 or do they mod them ? ... I'm no Zakk Wylde by any means, I just want to know what they do

[/ QUOTE ]

They just play them...hit it with a boost or something. The only reason two have two heads would be to have a dedicated clean sound too.

FWIW - the Suhr kills it in the lead dept. too. There's more than enough gain and tone on tap to run it hot, back off the guitar volume for crunching, and turn it back up for single lines.

Steve E

Comment

I always thought the best lead sound is a nice sounding Marshall pumped up with a boost pedal like a Keeley Katana, DOD 250 or MXR Micro Amp. Really seems to push the amp into a nice smooth power tube distortion.

Comment

Bump for a Chuckracer check in....

Did you get your amp Chuck? does it have the lead mod so you can play leads??

My Suhr is pretty much smoking - a HUGE sound...I'm still GASSING for a Mojave - there's one local but the trade would require me giving up a GMW and my Suhr Marshall...think it's time to apply for a credit card [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

My friend who is a huge Jose Arredondo/Bogner fan told me Mojave kicks so much ass and I think he is usiing it as a main amp now.
            So I bet the amp will sound amazing.

Comment

Stevie!!
              Check this thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=0#490545

It took me a few hours to re-learn how to play a Marshall! Jeez, I've been playing these new-fangled wimpy ass high gain multi channel amps for too long, man.

This thing is bone stock and kicks MUCH ass with a Boss SD-1 in front of it and a Hotplate behind it! This is the best sound I've had since my SLO...and this might have it all over the SLO, too!

No mods for me! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Stevie!!
                Check this thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#490545

It took me a few hours to re-learn how to play a Marshall! Jeez, I've been playing these new-fangled wimpy ass high gain multi channel amps for too long, man.

This thing is bone stock and kicks MUCH ass with a Boss SD-1 in front of it and a Hotplate behind it! This is the best sound I've had since my SLO...and this might have it all over the SLO, too!

No mods for me! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Baby [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I knew you would like it....I like the Suhr way better than my SLO or the Bogner. I'll end up with a Mojave too, hope I can hang onto the Suhr as well...the Mojave is a non - master volume Marshall type on steroids....I'll need a Hot Plate with it....One People ~ One Channel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So you're not getting the lead mod then ?

I'm super stoked for you !

Steve E

Comment

I used to have a JCM800 2210, I sold it, and watched it go up in price. I'd like it again, cheap.

Comment

Chuck, too bad you weren't looking for a cab last Dec. for that head. I had a MINT condition '74 4x12 with 25 watters in it that would have been the perfect cab for that head.

And if you are looking for a damn good Marshall sound with out the price or label, check out an old Dean Markley Sig 120 head. Last I saw one it was $169 and sounded great!

Comment

Aww man! I would LOVE to have that cab!

Comment

Working...
                      X