5150's power "cutting out" during practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150's power "cutting out" during practice

i have a 5150, original block letter amp, running 4 ohms to a carvin cab with vintage 30's on a decent monster speaker cable. The other day i was practicing at my friend's house, the only thing i was running was a Boss DS-1, direct to the 5150. dirty channel, post gain at about 5 or 6. after about 30 minutes of playing, the amp volume just faded, and it sounded like the post gain had been pushed down to 1. I put the amp on standby for a couple minutes, then back off and the power was back to normal.

I think this might have happened again during the course of our practice, any ideas on what may cause it?
    -playing jackson guitars of course [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: 5150\'s power \"cutting out\" during practice

Put a cord in the fx loop from the fx send to return. See if the problem stays. if it's gone, then you have a dirty or worn jack on the fx loop and probably need to get it replaced.

Pete

Comment

ah yes, i remember someone telling me about this a lonnnnng time ago. thanks!

Comment

Of course, if you don't want to fix the jack, just leave the cord in there. You won't be hurting anything if that's what the problem is.

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X