Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking to put a rack together for the first time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: looking to put a rack together for the first t

here's my rack system
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I always prefered the amp head vs a rack system. One multi-effects unit like the G force or G Major is really all you need. Usually folks buy a rack, put a pre-amp and power amp in there and it looks empty so they end up buying shit to fill the rest of the rack up with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If I did the rack it really would be a good pre-amp and a VHT 2150 power amp, that would be it. Since I can get that in amp heads I don't need a rack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like how the bogner cabs never have casters - what are the cabs for, permanent installations? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Nice lineup Shawn [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Of course, I get the same tonal versatility in a 3.5" x 19" space and under 20 lbs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I like how the bogner cabs never have casters - what are the cabs for, permanent installations? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

they have casters, but you can take them off... at least mine does.

I prefer a head for the sound + a rack for fx

I've tried racks, and racks, but the only thing I could get my sound out was a head (Engl powerball)

live and at rehearsals, I use a bogner 4x12, but 4x12's are a pain in the ... back. I use the Diezel 2x12 for smaller gigs, jams and at home.

Comment

Working...
        X