Distortion = reverb, on rare occasion a slight trembalo

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...........sorry

Comment

Re: How many effects do you use?

[ QUOTE ]
      LOL ...........sorry

[/ QUOTE ]
      I hope you're laughing at the inside joke, and not because I spelled it wrong!

www.homestarrunner.com>sbemails>guitar

Comment

haha not that again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I use:
        -Dunlop Wah pedal
        -Boss FV50H Volume Pedal
        -Boss GE7 Equilizer (mostly for solo boost)
        -Boss CH1 Chorus (great pedal)
        -Boss BF3 (awesome pedal, I use it to make some extreme sounds and just to play around with.. it a very versatile pedal)
        -Boss DD3 Digital Delay (nice pedal, I use a soft delay just to make everything sounds a little bit fuller. Sometimes I use a high effect level to simulate double guitars/harmonizer)

"I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

It was the spelling sorry dude, and also cos of strongbad, lmao that guy rocks

Comment

none. one, if you count reverb.

i found that using too much fx in a live situation will make your sound less cutting, which is quite bad because in a metal band you often need all the cutting power you can get when playing leads.
            furthermore, i've yet to hear a live mix which was detailed enough to hear all the fx stuff...most of it gets lost, sometimes because the PA sucks, sometimes because the soundguy sucks, etc.
            i'd like to fool around with a wahwah, though.

Comment

holy crap John, thats a lot of effects. When I gigged I just used a SD-1, GE-7, Boss Delay Pedal (for spaceship effects) and a Ibanez Harmonizer and delay. 98% of the time it was amp an SD-1.

I run dry at home to record and add effects during the mix if they need it...
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Depends what kind of a player you want to be. I use to use a lot of effects.

I am now able to get a lot more tone out of my playing technique and fingers and it sounds a lot better with minimal effects.

If you have noise gate on and compression and so forth you sacrifice tone and dynamic range. The more effects the less true tone you are getting just from your guitar, amp and playing style.

I try to use only as much gain as necessary, usually reverb and sometimes delay. Thats it.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Essentially none outside the studio, and even in the studio usually only a bit of reverb.

The only reason the Microverb is in my rack is to mask the noise gate closing with a bit of reverb and fill out the sound a bit live should it be necessary [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I use 3 effects live- Electro Harmonix Small Stone, Ibanez CS9 chorus, and Line 6 DL4 delay. I'm also getting into using this Ebow that I bought too, which is cool. I have a few wah pedals but I don't use them in my band. The other two guitar players are pretty straightforward with their rigs, but I'm the "texture guy" so I use a few more effects than they do.

Comment

I always use some delay because I frggin hate dry sound, sometimes some reverb on rhythm, but delay is a MUST for leads, also I like to use Chorus on some clean stuff or for Lynch sounds, sometimes some wah. Ocasionally some flanger, phaser, harmonzier, pitch shifter etc. I like effects.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I run through a Digitech RP 80, so it depends on what I've programmed. If I were using a "real" amp, I would probably simplify it to onboard reverb, amp gain, and a Crybaby. Prolly an MXR Phase 90 for fun!

Comment

reverb and delay for rhythm and leads.

+ chorus on cleans.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Here is my effects chain...

guitar->cable->amp

I do plan on using my GT6 for effects when I get some time to sit down and make some new patches. Mostly just reverb, delay, and chorus.

Comment

was using dk2 thru a digitech rp200 thru a marshall vs15...
                              now dk2 thru a marshall jh-1 thru a dunlop crybaby thru a arion stagetuner thru a avt20... much better! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

just a few...lol

there are two pedals missing from that pic...

-Mike
                                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X