JMP-1 and JFX-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMP-1 and JFX-1

Can I have a JMP-1 and JFX-1 goin to a DSL-401??? what I'm saying is, do I need to have a rack with a power amp, or can I use a rack without the power amp going strait to the combo amp?

how about a JFX-1 just with a combo amp?

Re: JMP-1 and JFX-1

You can send it straight to the "return" of the effects loops and skip the combo's preamp

Comment

skip the pre on the combo but still use the amps power to get out the sound?

Comment

You can do it. You'll basically be creating a mini-rack. By bypassing the dsl preamp, it will run like this: jmp-1, jfx-1, dsl poweramp, speaker.

Comment

There are MUCH better efx units out there than the JFX-1 for alot less cash. The Lexicon 110 comes to mind, and Rocktron stuff as well. Before you get one just because it matches the JMP-1 (I made that mistake...), try it first. It's not the most flexible unit out there.

Comment

In what sence is not the most flexible?

Comment

Perhaps not the most flexible but certainly one of the most transparent though IMO.

If all that you seek is a bit of chorus, delay and reverb than that is a great unit. Not a G Major granted but still does not color your tone like most units do.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                In what sence is not the most flexible?

[/ QUOTE ]

No tap tempos, etc....little things like that. I liked it - it was simple to use, but I just thought there were others with a little more to them. Then again, all I ever use is a little delay, and when necessary, a little chorus. I don't need much in the way of effects.

Comment

Working...
                X