From VHT back to Mesa Tremoverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From VHT back to Mesa Tremoverb

YEah I am trading my UL for a Tremoverb Head. I had a termoverb before and I didn't really like it. It was a combo though. So you ask why am I making this trade then? The cash I am getting in it and the Tremoverb is easier to move than the UL. That being said let me hear some rave reviews for the tremoverb head! (I know John G has some)
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: From VHT back to Mesa Tremoverb

Its the best Rectifier ever made. I have had them all and every edition. The Dual Rectifier Tremoverb is the best sounding and the most versatile of all.
    There is absolutely nothing bad to say about one.
    Look at what the most popular modeled Rectifier is? The Dual Rectifier Tremoverb.

Comment

i like it.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

The one thing I don't get though is your statement that the Tremoverb is easier to move than the UL. What up with that?

Comment

To resell... The VHT is a dog to resell... the CLX seems to be way more popular than the UL. Plus more people know the Mesa name than the VHT name. Ultimately I will be back in a Mark IV sooner or later though

Comment

Hey hey. I had a Tremo half stack and I did not like the high gain sound. The clean sound is the best I have ever heard, but the Dual Recto sound to me is not great. It is a good amp, but I would not get another. I may get a Recto verb though, just cause the clean channel is the same.
            LATER!!!
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Its the best Rectifier ever made. I have had them all and every edition. The Dual Rectifier Tremoverb is the best sounding and the most versatile of all.
              Look at what the most popular modeled Rectifier is? The Dual Rectifier Tremoverb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ on that statement, great amp, however the roadking has close to the same exact voicing and way more versitile and alot better sounding.

Now taking the roadking out of this catagory since it really shouldnt be there, as it being the best rectifier in tone, that depends on the sound you are looking for!

The tremoverb was set up for more of a rock/hardrock/blues amp with a metal side to it but not as brutal as the normal recto's. So if you are looking for more of a rock/hard rock amp then you will love this amp! However the one thing i did not like about it, is the weight and size, like my Roadking i find it a bitch to lug around and usually will use my regular recto for band practice.

Bands that have used this amp are POD, Fleetwood Mac Guitarist and Incubus and Everclear and i am sure many more that i cant think of.

I understand about the resale thing, VHT's usually go for high amount that most people cant afford or do not want to put out for a Amp that is not used that much. Considering you can turn around and sell the tremoverb pretty easy just goes to prove your point. Not to mention you will always pay the same amount for the VHT so when you resell it you will lose money, with the Mesa's you can pretty much always make money on what you paid.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ on that statement, great amp, however the roadking has close to the same exact voicing and way more versitile and alot better sounding.

Now taking the roadking out of this catagory since it really shouldnt be there, as it being the best rectifier in tone, that depends on the sound you are looking for!

The tremoverb was set up for more of a rock/hardrock/blues amp with a metal side to it but not as brutal as the normal recto's. So if you are looking for more of a rock/hard rock amp then you will love this amp! However the one thing i did not like about it, is the weight and size, like my Roadking i find it a bitch to lug around and usually will use my regular recto for band practice.

Bands that have used this amp are POD, Fleetwood Mac Guitarist and Incubus and Everclear and i am sure many more that i cant think of.

I understand about the resale thing, VHT's usually go for high amount that most people cant afford or do not want to put out for a Amp that is not used that much. Considering you can turn around and sell the tremoverb pretty easy just goes to prove your point. Not to mention you will always pay the same amount for the VHT so when you resell it you will lose money, with the Mesa's you can pretty much always make money on what you paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't considering the Roadking a Rectifier. I was only talking about Singles, Duals and Triples.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't considering the Roadking a Rectifier. I was only talking about Singles, Duals and Triples.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why i took it out of the loop later. But in all fairness it depends on what style of music you are going for on weather or not it is the best. I understand for you it is, but i have owned them all as well and always see to fall back to my 2001 3 channel Dual Rec (first year), to me it is just a great sounding amp.

My list of mesa's.
                  1-Dual Rec 3 channel (still own and love)
                  1-2003 Roadking (still own and love)
                  1-Roadking Combo first year ( to heavy so i sold)
                  2- 2 channel Rec's, one 92 version and one 98 if i remember right.
                  2- Rack mount rec's, both late 90's.
                  1- Late 90's Tremoverb

And now i am waiting for the green monster (see other Thread) which is a 1992-93 dual rackmount.
                  I have also tried many other Recto's, 2 channel and 3 channel versions as well as other roadkings etc...

The Tremoverb is defintly a great amp, but, if i want rock i will usually plug into my marshall, i tend to like my rec's for hard rock heavy metal and to me the roadking and my 3 channel dual sounds best. Just so you know i dont really ever use the moderm channel, i am addicted to the vintage on both orange and red channel.

As to most versitile the roadking wins hands down, but the 3 channel Recs are way more versitile then the tremoverbs, many different options with different voicings and easy to get too. Yeah no Reverb or tremo, but i never used them anyway, or i can just buy a pedal for either or.

Comment

Well the Tremoverb is on it's way we will see if I like it. I really see myself going back to a mark iv

Comment

Good luck!
                      I sold my VHT thinking of buying a Mesa Dual but holding on for a while.

Comment

For any of you guys thinking about a Single,Dual or Triple Recto.. you really owe it to yourself to check out a Mark III or Mark IV. My Mark III is brutal. I am almost scared of it. It doesn't have the "sizzle" of a Rectifier but what it does have is HUGE punch. If you want to be heard under any circumstances, it would be the amp to plug into. I pity any Recifier player that would have to be heard over a Mark III or IV. What do you think Siggy14? You are the resident Mesa expert around here.

Comment

I've always wanted a UL but they are hard to find and damn expensive.
                          I forked out near UL dough on a Roadking and I am very happy with it as well. So versatile and still have not messed with ALL its features yet.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            For any of you guys thinking about a Single,Dual or Triple Recto.. you really owe it to yourself to check out a Mark III or Mark IV. My Mark III is brutal. I am almost scared of it. It doesn't have the "sizzle" of a Rectifier but what it does have is HUGE punch. If you want to be heard under any circumstances, it would be the amp to plug into. I pity any Recifier player that would have to be heard over a Mark III or IV. What do you think Siggy14? You are the resident Mesa expert around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never played the mark III's or anything below that. I have had the DC5 and a mark IV though.

Depending on what style of music you listen to would depend on the amp. The mark Series are less distortion and you have to crank them more to get to that point. As you have said in the past the mark series are more towards the marshall sounding. But at the same time the tremoverb is also voiced slightly different then most of the normal rec's. Basically with the Rec's you can still get a good marshall tone, you just need to crank the mid's a little and bring the bass down pretty low.

As to be a rec guy playing over a mark, i find usually a mesa rec will swallow any amp it plays with, it kinda has everything, top end and bottom, the only place the mark would come through would be in that upper mid that the rec is missing.

But if you truley want to go for that marshall tone, go with the stiletto, great EL34 amp, think JCM800 2203 with more gain and a better bottom end and mesa quality!

Comment

The Tremoverb is the amp that changed my opinion about Dual Rectifiers. I'm the opposite of Siggy, I really hate the 3-channel Dual Recs.

I found mine in a pawn shop for $500, and I bought it with the sole intention of flipping it for much, much more. Then I made the mistake of plugging it in. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The cleans are pristine and bell-like. The ability to pull tons of hard rock and heavy metal rhythm tones out of the high gain channel is stupifying. Sure, the three channel is more versatile, but I really don't like Recs for lead work, so the third channel is wasted on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X