Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT 6 vs. Line 6 POD 2.0

hi all

i want to buy some digital amp modeling and recording device for bedroom practicing etc, as i can't play any of my tube amps at home (well, at least not at the volume levels needed for good tone). i'm not going to use any of those devices live, this is headphone practice as well as direct into PC soundcard recording ONLY.

the POD 2.0 is around 175 euro new, whereas the gt6 can only be found used and usually goes for a bit more than that....around 240 i think.

i know jgcable swears by his gt6, but the line 6 is way cheaper and also not necessarily bad, so i think it should be sufficient for my applications (no really high quality recording by the way, i just want to record some riffs and song ideas, kind of scratch track like)

any thoughts/opinions?

fragle

Re: Boss GT 6 vs. Line 6 POD 2.0

i love the POD 2.0. i use it on 80% of the recording sessions i do (the other 20 is because someone demands using a real amp). it's perfect for what you want to do. it will do serious session work also, you just need some outboard gear to help tweak it in the mix.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

For live use go with the GT-6. For home use and recording the POD 2.0 is fine.

Comment

if its to record use the POD, but I also say that the GT6 is better live.

Comment

alright, thanks. i think i will go for the POD

hmmm....what about a pod 2.0 <-> pod xt comparison? the xt is around 350 euro (without the extra model packs), and i think i'd definitely like it with at least the metal pack, but 350€ + model pack upgrade seems to be overkill for what i want to do.

Comment

the XT absolutely crushes the 2.0. no comparison. so much more stuff to do, so many more sounds and combonations.

Comment

i find that the pod has better sounding distortion but the gt6 has better sounding everything else.

Comment

I think that POD has better factory distortion patches than the GT-6 but The GT-6 has the ability to create crushing distortion patches. It also has almost every Boss pedal built into it and you can place them anywhere you want in the signal chain.

Comment

I think the Pod 2.0 sounds way better direct than the XT, the XT is harsh and fizzy and annoying.

Comment

For what you plan to use it for - through headphones and recording - the POD is the way to go. If it was for live use, the GT6.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think the Pod 2.0 sounds way better direct than the XT, the XT is harsh and fizzy and annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I've also heard this from a lot of other people. That's why I went with a 2.0 instead of an XT. I can also dial my sound in within seconds on my 2.0, but I haven't yet been able to get what I want from the XT.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                      X