Uberschall Revision: Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uberschall Revision: Blue

I received my new Bogner Überschall today, which is the Revision: Blue edition (or Version 3.0 if you’re counting). The thing I immediately noticed is that it weighs more. It is definitely heavier than my old version 2.0 model. Overall, it’s a much better mouse trap all around IMHO. It now has much broader and wider sweep on both the lead channel gain & bass pots. It might not have as much gain/bass as before, but there is definitely more “useable” gain/bass on tap; it can now cover much wider palate of tones. It’s not as dark nor as boomy sounding as before either. No more blue LCR cap above the chassis and the choke is now above the chassis as well. Maybe it’s just me, but this newer version sounds slightly tighter and a bit more articulate. There is still plenty of preamp saturation, with just maybe a bit less sag/squish. The volume difference between the clean & lead channel is better, but there is still somewhat of a volume differential. It’s much better though than the 2.0 version IMHO. I also recently tried out the CAA OD-100 with the SE mod on the lead channel and the SH mod on the clean channel, and there was a significant volume difference between the channels as well. It’s definitely more useable now though from clean to lead. Lead tones are easier to dial in as well. Within a few minutes I had a very useable lead tone, and I’m sure I’ll dial in better ones with time. I also noticed that this version needs to be cranked up a bit more in order to get the goods. You need to be at least at 11:00 or more on both the global MV and lead channel MV to hear what this amp really sounds like. All of the problems I had with the 2.0 version seemed to have all been addressed. The poor fx loop, clean to lead channel volume gap, excessive amount of unseable preamp gain, seemed to all have been updated in some way in this latest release. Brighter, tighter, and better are the words which I think best describe this new version.

Anywho, I’m extremely happy so far.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Uberschall Revision: Blue

Cool! Let's hear clips!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

cool [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] dont forget to add some settings to the Uber database here:

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settin...-settings.html

Comment

Im guessing they didn't drop the price either on the new version?... LOL .... 1 day...

thanks for the review... lets hear some clips

Comment

I have a uber that i bought in feb. my dealer got it in nov. i believe, im wanting to know what version i have and how to tell.

Comment

does it have external bias points in the chassis? does it have a blue LED on the front? Does it have a send pot on the FX loop? If it has all these it is version 3.

Comment

i checked and its a blue version.

Comment

Unfortunately I have no recording gear, so no clips. Sorry.

Comment

Great review man. thanx, it was cool to read.

Comment

Working...
                  X