Another new amp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new amp!!!

I hit a homerun on this amp. Check out my completed Ebay auction. I have been looking for one of these. This is basically Mesa Mark IIC+ in Carvin clothing.
    Carvin Amp

Re: Another new amp!!!

I HATE YOU!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Dammit!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I had to smack myself twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
        I clicked the Buy Now so fast it was crazy.

Comment

Well, the dude selling it was willing to let it go cheap so he could buy some bagpipes... how good could it be?
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          j/k

Nice score.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I never thought about it that way. You are probably correct. Bagpipes rule..

Comment

Cool score. Congrats!!

Comment

PLEASE post clips. I heard one a few years back, and was horribly disapointed. It probably had bad tubes or something... overdrive was fizzy and weak, clean tone had some distortion under it (channel bleed) and it just wasn't what I thought it would be like at all. I'd love to hear a good one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I guess this is one of those best kept secret deals?

I think we need a "what are the best kept secrets in amps?" post...because a tube amp is my next purchase. I haven't had one since 1994, really. I would like to know what to look for that is a good score...hidden gems like this. I know when I see a known commodity, but I don't know about the less traveled roads.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    PLEASE post clips. I heard one a few years back, and was horribly disapointed. It probably had bad tubes or something... overdrive was fizzy and weak, clean tone had some distortion under it (channel bleed) and it just wasn't what I thought it would be like at all. I'd love to hear a good one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post clips for sure Pete. Properly setup Carvin X amps are fantastic sounding amps. The problem is that alot of the ones out there are not taken care of and poorly maintained. They were based on the Mesa Mark IIc+. Especially the XV112. Carvin followed Mesa closely in the 80's. For instance, the Mesa Quad and the Carvin Quad X.

Comment

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...XV_112-01.html
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Congrats on what looks like a great score, the reviews are really good on HC.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

is the Carvin X-100B the same thing but as an head version ?

Comment

Pretty much..

Comment

I guess it's good for metal then if it's like a IIC+ ... do you have an X100B also ?

Comment

Working...
                              X