Another new amp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another new amp!!!

I've had a few X100B's. 2 Hot-rodded versions and an original set up for EL34's. I currently have a Carvin MTS3200 fitted with E34L's. It kills.

Comment

JG i wonder if you got one of my old hot rodded X100's. i had mine modded with 6L6s slight gain mod & he also did something to the clean channel, i have no clue because i never used the clean.

Comment

I've never heard an X-100B live ... in what range is it ? JCM 800 2203, 2210, JCM 2000 ? ... I never heard any Mark head by mesa so I can't really compare

is it good for leads as well ?

Comment

He's buying bagpipes from Germany? That's a Scottish instrument, how could anyone possibly build them better than the Scots? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            JG i wonder if you got one of my old hot rodded X100's. i had mine modded with 6L6s slight gain mod & he also did something to the clean channel, i have no clue because i never used the clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a black tolexed one from a guy in New Jersey once. It was modded and it killed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I've never heard an X-100B live ... in what range is it ? JCM 800 2203, 2210, JCM 2000 ? ... I never heard any Mark head by mesa so I can't really compare

is it good for leads as well ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has as much gain as a 2203/4 but it has the tone of a Mesa Mark series amp. It is an excellent amp to throw a pedal in front of. It is 100% based on the Mesa Mark II series. Zappa used them and so did Vai when he was with David Lee Roth. Vai used a modded Tube Screamer in front of his. I have owned a few of them. You will need a pedal in front of the amp or in the effects loop if you are gonna rip solos. It is a VERY pedal friendly amp.

Comment

My live rig for many years was an X-100B with an old Boss DS-1. I had it modded unfortunately and never liked it again. Switched to a JCM 800 50 watt head at that point.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I prefer the stock models too. The popular Torres mod is pretty lame and turns the amp into a fuzz box.
                  Throw some EL34's and some high gain preamp tubes in it along with a DS-1, SD-1 or TS-9 in front of it and you are good to go.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    He's buying bagpipes from Germany? That's a Scottish instrument, how could anyone possibly build them better than the Scots? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]The same way Floyd Rose the American invented the Floyd Rose Trem, but has them built in Germany? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Germans are real good at manufacturing things, even if they didn't invent them.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The Germans build everything better! lol
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The guy I bought this amp from just ordered and received an entire new retube kit for it and is including it with the amp, footswitch, cover, fresh set of tubes already installed. What a deal.

Comment

Re: Another new amp!!! Review

I received the XV112 today. I also received a new quartet of Groove Tubes E34L's which are my favorite power tubes. I just came from band practice. Everybody agreed that the amp sounds incredible. To me it sounds like a cross between a Mesa Mark II and a JCM800 2203.

Comment

Re: Another new amp!!! Review

Real nice score!
                            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                            X