Line 6 POD - any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 POD - any thoughts?

I've been considering getting a POD, and I'd be interested in anything y'all have to say about them. Also, how much better is the latest version over the older one? Thanks.

Re: Line 6 POD - any thoughts?

Bro... use the search function. There must be 50 threads that explore every question ever asked about the POD.

Comment

Whats a POD? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

PODS are awesome - BUY ONE!

PODS suck - I wouldn't use one for a paperweight!

There's a couple thoughts... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Everyone and their dog has an opinion on these. The only way to know for sure is to try one, and there are a MILLION of them out there. Personally, I love them, but some feel otherwise. I prefer the POD 2.3 over the XT, but that's just because I like the simplicity. I'm sure the XT is a better unit, but I just never took the time to really dig into one yet. Someday I will, but not right now. Get the XT - you might as well have the newest technology - Line 6 rarely moves backwards as far as quality/coolness/sound, and if they accidently do, they fix it through a software patch which is easily downloadable.

Comment

I have one by my bed that i use with headphones and its great.Wish i had a little more control over the effects at times but most of the time i bypass effects and keep it on rectified.Maybe some delay and slight chorus/reverb.I use to have a digitech GNX3 that i liked but i was happy with both.I havent tried to use it for recording but just messing around with headphones on while everyone else is asleep-im a happy camper...Even with my detuned jacksons.
          "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

The LongBoard offers access to hidden functions of the FX, as does their software - allegedly, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But you can hold down some of the buttons of the POD itself and tweak certain things using almost all the knobs.
            Mine didn't have a manual, and I don't think the PDF explained all the "secret" functions - which is stupid if that's correct [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a 2.3 permanently hooked to my computer so I can play along with PowerTab and Guitar Pro (and noodle while I'm surfing). I like it a lot.
              This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

got an XT and i think its great for practicing, recording scratch tracks. havent had any luck with it playing live though, sounds like nutsack that way

Comment

check out my clips in the mp3 section. they were all recorded using my brand new pod 2.0....and a crappy soundcard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X