Rat & Turbo Rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat & Turbo Rat

Anyone ever use these pedals back in the day?I played a rat then bought a turbo rat but was happier with the orignal.Great old school thrash sounds. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: Rat & Turbo Rat

Killer pedals. Fantastic circuitry and built like a tank. Tons of pro's used Rat pedals. I prefer the original Rat myself. Very tweakable and it glows in the dark!! The newer ones are true bypass I believe.

Comment

One of the better 10 bucks I spent at a pawnshop. Even tho I typically am not into distortion pedals..this one is cool. I have an older one but I do not believe it glows in the dark. It'll stay in my effects bag for a long time.

Comment

Better yet, get one of the Keeley modded Rats. 3 different sounds, and all even better than the original.

Comment

i like the original rat from the 80's with no leds. they sound the best.

Comment

The Obituary sound!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The Obituary sound!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              You know it..... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Hey I had that pedal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i had a Proco rat. paid 50 bucks for it. i never really could get a good sound from it. really nasty sounding, but i guess thats what people like.

I let my bass player friend use it, and he fell in love with it. so i traded it to him for a 1977 Fender Musicmaster. then i sold the musicmaster on ebay for 330 bucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The original big box version is the one to get. I bought the smaller box version and it doesn't have 'the sound.' The vintage reissues have recently been discontinued, so hunt one down if you can.

Comment

Working...
                    X