Connections to a Home Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connections to a Home Stereo

Whats the easiest way to connect a mono guitar signal to stereo? I'm running a 1/4" mono cable to an RCA cable converter to the back of my stereo. I've tried several diferent adapters and nothing works. I'm really just doing this for the hell of it, but it's starting to erk me. I know it will still be mono, I just want it to come out of both speakers. Any ideas would be great!

Re: Connections to a Home Stereo

buy a pod and a doubel 1/4" to RCA cable.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

just get something like a headphone splitter

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        just get something like a headphone splitter

[/ QUOTE ]
        That's an idea. Something as simple as that was what I was thinking of. Thanks

Comment

Y adapter.

If your pickups aren't active, they might get loaded down killing the brightness. You might want some (any) pedal to buffer the guitar. A stereo chorus would be real cool.

Comment

I guess I should explain a little more of what setup I'm trying. The chain goes like this, Guitar- Crybaby wah- DF-7 Distortion- Digitech RP 200. The RP has a balanced output. I've tried Y cables, stereo 1/4" jacks and several other more nonconventional methods. The DF-7 has 2 mono outputs, I've tried running both to a female to male Y cable..... no workie. I think I'm missing something here but not sure what.

Comment

Try this guy to a regular RCA cable

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?ca...%5Fid=274%2D880

Comment

Running into the Aux input of the receiver? Make sure you have Aux selected on the receiver as the Input source [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If you're plugged into the receiver with a 1/4" mono cable (what inputs does it have?), you should at least get some sound.

Also make sure the speakers are not supposed to be in a certain set of outputs (I had an old Radio Shack receiver that had separate speaker outs for the Main and Aux channels).
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Running into the Aux input of the receiver? Make sure you have Aux selected on the receiver as the Input source [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If you're plugged into the receiver with a 1/4" mono cable (what inputs does it have?), you should at least get some sound.

Also make sure the speakers are not supposed to be in a certain set of outputs (I had an old Radio Shack receiver that had separate speaker outs for the Main and Aux channels).

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I'm running straight to the cd input via a 1/4" to rca y cable. It sounds absolutely killer but only through the left channel.

Comment

Hmmm. And the RP has just the mono output, not L/R, correct?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep. I've tried from the stompbox as well, which has 2 outputs and ran to a stereo 1/4" y cable and no luck there either. And both channels do normally work [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds to me like you have a bad Y cable...

Comment

Would it matter that the cable from the rp to the Y cable is mono? I would think that the RCA Y cable would split the signal. You may be right Chuck.

Comment

You were right Chuck! I feel so complete now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks alot to all who helped!

Comment

Always check the simple stuff first!
                              I'm glad to help...I got lucky there!

Comment

Working...
                              X