Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of my Marshall JFX-1, any better FX units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of my Marshall JFX-1, any better FX units?

My Marshall JFX-1 is so tired and blah sounding that I am looking for something else. I bought it because of all the hype that it was the ideal sister unit to the Marshall JMP-1 but it seems to have no life or sparkle.

I just sold a Digitech TSR-24S because even though I liked the sounds it give, it was way too in depth programming wise.

Not to the point were I was stumped but just total overkill with millions of parameters to each patch.

I am thinking about an SPX900 but would consider a TC Electronics G Major even though it is kinda pricey for me. How is Rocktron gear as well?

Any other suggestions?

BTW I can not stand anything to do with Alesis given that they all seem to run off that 25 pound wall wart.

Re: Tired of my Marshall JFX-1, any better FX units?

I use a G-major with my JMP-1 and I'm really impressed with it. If you can swing it, go for the G-major.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Go with the G-Major. the JFX has its points, but is very lmited for the dough...

Comment

I've got a TSR-12, and I sympathize with you on the in-depth programming [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        ANd STILL it takes forever to get a decent Reverse Reverb! You can get one in a GSP21 simply by turning off the Dry Output and boosting the Reverb volume, but the TSR-12 takes just the right Mixer settings, and there's 5 mixers in most configurations [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Is there a good-sounding unit that allows you to select the FX in each chain, rather than giving you pre-defined configurations to choose from? The TSR-12 has tons of configurations (18?), but most of them are useless to me because they don't do exactly what I want, and there's no way in hell I'm gonna work two of them at once [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Tired of my Marshall JFX-1, any better FX unit

My TSR-24S was just as you described only even more complex given the endless array of presets within each parameter.

I actually fooled around with the TSR-12 when a mate bought one and it was complex just as you say. Sadly the TSR-24S is a great unit sound wise and does give killer patches once you spend hours dialing them in.

I was never able to used a single preset and was always forced to start from scratch to get anythin reasonably good sounding.

I think I wil sell the JFX-1 and grab a G Major soon!

Comment

Working...
          X