Mesa Coliseum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Coliseum question

So... is a Mesa Mark III Coliseum just a long head 300w version of the Mark III?

Re: Mesa Coliseum question

[ QUOTE ]
    So... is a Mesa Mark III Coliseum just a long head 300w version of the Mark III?

[/ QUOTE ]

To my knowledge, yes. Of course, there's so many odd Mesas from that time period...
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Yes it is. Basically a Mark III, but a seriously souped up powersection.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

A souped-up MKIII is hard to imagine, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Simul-class on mine is 15w/65w. At 15w it has handled all but the largest rooms. At 65w I'd feel comfy on any stage. At 300w? Jeez....
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

300w! Wow, I always thought they were 180 or 200w [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but there are a lot of wacky mesas out there

Here's a guys Mark 3 info page http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

There is a Boogie talk group hosted on the service that used to host the JCF but I can't find the link right now. There also used to be a private mailing list but that was several years ago, chances are it's inactive.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Found it, Mesa Boogie Amp Forum
              http://p212.ezboard.com/bmesaboogieampforum77319
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Lol - I've been banned from that forum.

Boogiewan Kenobi's site (as mentioned in Buzz's post) is a great resource for the Mark series. He is a regular contributor to the impossible to find Boogie forum.

Oh, yeah. Make sure your pop-up blocker and anti-spyware shields are engaged before loading that forum.
                [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Lol - I've been banned from that forum.

Boogiewan Kenobi's site (as mentioned in Buzz's post) is a great resource for the Mark series. He is a regular contributor to the impossible to find Boogie forum.

Oh, yeah. Make sure your pop-up blocker and anti-spyware shields are engaged before loading that forum.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you manage to get banned from there, i didnt even think the admins still breathed there. hell i dont think many people on that board breath, either that are they are in to much tonal bliss to put down there guitars and post!

Comment

LOL The ezboard was kinda lame, hardly anyone posted there much. Don't know how you could get banned from there! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's another Boogie board I just came across. http://www.grailtone.com/forum/
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was a mod.
                      Admin gave the site to a punk (Rocket440).
                      I redesigned the entire board.
                      Punk had no clue - wouldn't let me run it properly.
                      Punk said to me "Stop being a problem before I have to treat you like one."
                      I taught him a few new insults.

BANNED ASS

Of course, I can go there anytime I want. Just walk the 7 feet to Steph's computer and log in from there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I used to have.. I'm not sure on the watts but god damn that think was so fucking loud. The volume change from 0 to 1 was huge, and then from 1-1.5 another big jump, and then from 1.5-2 was a huge jump when it started getting really loud (we're talking gigging volumes already). I used to have to practice with it on 1.5.

Comment

I had a MkIIb Coliseum, it was brutally loud! Maybe the loudest amp I have owned. Put it on 4 and it will bury any cranked 100w Marshall. It was just too much for me, so I got rid of it. Weird thing with mine was that it didn't have as much gain as other MkIIb's I've owned.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Weird thing with mine was that it didn't have as much gain as other MkIIb's I've owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because you could never get it up loud enough to make the power tubes break up. 300 watt tube amp, damn... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I have heard stories regarding the Coliseum. What a monster. I heard that the ones Metallica was using for MOP were the super rare model that Mesa only made 78 of total.

Comment

Working...
                              X