stupid problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid problem

Here is the deal, I'm 31, will never play live, but have a hell of a good time with friends coming over and jamming. I have pc based system with a pod 2.0, pod xt live, guitar port, alesis drum machine, 12 channel mixer, recording software and altec lancing speakers. I love the sound's I get with all that but want more volume. I started off looking at powered monitor's but then went to walmart and seen there 5.1 pioneer surround sound deals and that looks like the way to go because if I ever do want to mix songs down I can later on buy passive monitors to mix with. My problem is this seems to simple to work so I'm asking you smarter folk's is this do able or am I not understanding right (plus if anybody has the pioneer system from walmart let me know how it sounds). Sorry for the long post but thanks for any advice.

Re: stupid problem

if people are coming over to jam with real drums i would reccommend a couple of combo amps, a power amp and some PA speakers.

if its all electronic then powered moniters will work. or any stereo with a line in. run everything including the computer's sound card out to the mixer and then to the powered monitors or even a power amp and speakers.

you can also send out the other channels to the comp for recording as well.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

No real drums, just a drum machine, but what you just made me realize it will work, now I'm just wondering if buying the pioneer system will sound as good as what I got except louder without the flub from maxing the volume. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        No real drums, just a drum machine, but what you just made me realize it will work, now I'm just wondering if buying the pioneer system will sound as good as what I got except louder without the flub from maxing the volume. Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say go for a good but not to expensive PA system and run the POD right into it.

Comment

I have a set of powered monitors, sound is killer. I would think that a computer system 5.1 set would not cut it.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Not once you get everyone jamming at once, even with small amps.

I'd go for the compact p.a. system and skip the SurroundSound setup.

Get one of those Fender Assport setups that all clamps together and has the amp, mixer, and speakers all in one 3-piece box.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

How would a guy run a pa along with the computer? All my reording is pc (cakewalk guitar pro tracks) and I have a soundblaster sound card.

Comment

Instead of running your computers output to your computer speakers, run a line into the mixer. Add power, bake @375 degrees, and serve with a tasty side dish.

Comment

Working...
                X