• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got my Fab amp in...

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It will be interesting to hear how this one sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is a clip from that very 130USD amp-
    http://www.capecraft.com/star.mp3
    before the stock NOS GEC tubes were removed...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fab... the clip sounds pretty good and the pics you provided of your new amp look pretty darn good too.
    You must have built that 1st amp that Pete has a REALLY long time ago! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, That very amp(pete's new bashing toy) made that SSB clip, it's not Hendrix but I love the tune on guitar and before NFL, NASCAR, etc. Dang they have great sports in the States.
    That first Fab Fox did not have the parts hanging off originally when my client recieved it. For 130USD with GEC tubes and tone like that I still think it was a great deal. That fact that it still works says a fair bit, considering the packing of it's last USPS trip must have left something to be desired.
    Thanks for your kind words. I have made a couple of hundred amps since I had that one made but here is a LIVE clip of one of the first ones-
    http://www.capecraft.com/lead_wanking.mp3
    Enjoy [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fab... the clip sounds pretty good and the pics you provided of your new amp look pretty darn good too.
      You must have built that 1st amp that Pete has a REALLY long time ago! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Thanks, That very amp(pete's new bashing toy) made that SSB clip, it's not Hendrix but I love the tune on guitar and before NFL, NASCAR, etc. Dang they have great sports in the States.
      That first Fab Fox did not have the parts hanging off originally when my client recieved it. For 130USD with GEC tubes and tone like that I still think it was a great deal. That fact that it still works says a fair bit, considering the packing of it's last USPS trip must have left something to be desired.
      Thanks for your kind words. I have made a couple of hundred amps since I had that one made but here is a LIVE clip of one of the first ones-

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on that clip alone I would have bought that amp for $130.00 no problem regardless of the fit and finish considering it was your first amp. I mod stomp boxes and I will admit that my first few mods way back in the day were pretty nasty. Good thing they were completely enclosed and hidden. I shipped them with a new battery already installed because I didn't want the guy who got it to see the inside until he heard how good it sounded. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think Pete has bashed anything yet. Aside from the visual part of it anyway. Which I think anyone would agree it looks pretty crappy. I'm sure it's possible the shipping gorilla's may have had something to do with it. The clips sound good. And the new amps are a far cry build wise than the one in Pete's picks. I like the snakeskin one with the exception of the face plate. IMO it cheapens the look. Just the color scheme I think. Otherwise it looks tight.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on that clip alone I would have bought that amp for $130.00 no problem regardless of the fit and finish considering it was your first amp. I mod stomp boxes and I will admit that my first few mods way back in the day were pretty nasty. Good thing they were completely enclosed and hidden. I shipped them with a new battery already installed because I didn't want the guy who got it to see the inside until he heard how good it sounded. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Haha, thanks again. To be frank I had no ID how people would open up a $130 amp that worked and sounded fine just to complain about how it looked inside. To be sure the front grill was not hanging off originally. I lost money, even having my kids work for free, recycling the metal for a chassis, having my dog chew the sides together etc [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]but had a lot of fun and learned much. I feel the original owner could have sold the stock GEC tubes for at least what he paid for the amp. Then found some guy to buy the old beater and in the end actually make money. Much like he did, except he prolly kept the GECs. Almost wish I kept them, after selling a couple hundred amps my NOS supply is pretty low. Lucky for me a bought up hundreds of them at pennies a pop when they were being thrown out by drugstores, the RCAF and the like back in the mid 70s. Those were some good days to have a few pennies...

Comment

I seem to recall your amps as being touted by you as better than Fenders, Marshalls, Matchless amps... right about the time this one was built. Also that you had thirty years experience building amps when it was built too. Is this different from what you're saying now?

My first amps weren't a whole lot better, to be honest... but I wasn't telling people I could build them a plexi for $130 either, nor did I claim to be an expert with decades of experience.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I seem to recall your amps as being touted by you as better than Fenders, Marshalls, Matchless amps... right about the time this one was built. Also that you had thirty years experience building amps when it was built too. Is this different from what you're saying now?

My first amps weren't a whole lot better, to be honest... but I wasn't telling people I could build them a plexi for $130 either, nor did I claim to be an expert with decades of experience.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Dear Pete,
                With our history what makes you think I would answer any of your accusations? You put your foot in your mouth well enough. i.e.,
                On HCAF(same thread, different BB) today you said about "the choke" There is no choke, BRAINCHILD! There is an extra trafo just for the DC heaters. For an amp builder you sure don't know much. Still building your amps without regard for AC polarity? As usual you have nothing to say but flames, I have people waiting, and again, I am done with you.
                I must say you got the attention you sought on HCAF buying the amp. Must be terrible not having a life outside my past [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, this Fab amps guy is an asshole.

Comment

Ok, it's not a choke. It was hard to identify by how it was hanging from the wires, my apologies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wasn't real sure how to trace the circuit without fear for my life... I was scared enough to pull it out of the chassis for the pictures.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ok, it's not a choke. It was hard to identify by how it was hanging from the wires, my apologies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wasn't real sure how to trace the circuit without fear for my life... I was scared enough to pull it out of the chassis for the pictures.Pete

[/ QUOTE ]
                      If I only had a dime for every time my flamers have had to admit they were wrong...
                      Nice of you to mention how the amp was damaged by 3rd party shipping [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                      Scared to pull the chassis? No I think you were just needing attention and could not wait to get these pics up. Congrats on troll of the day. You have managed to drag me away from my work. I wish I had nothing better to do like you, maybe I would spend more time on BBs. You were up pretty early today. Too bad all your hard work just got deleted from HCAF. I think it is real sad that after all these years the best way you draw attention to yourself is by still flaming me. Well at least now that you sell your own amps all your flames have an obvious motive [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

engaging fab ignore button...now
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Pete... I love you man and I love your work and love for the vetta but you knew what this thread would turn into and I do find fault in that. I understand your issues but I just hate wars...

Fab... No good impression have you left. Double talk at times but that is alright. I respect what you are doing... I think you are honest and trying to give a good product at a good price (unlike modern day gibson lol). I do think your intentions are honest but criticism well the taking of it is not your strong suit. That being said I can't build an amp myself but I live right by Mark from Victoria and the guy who taught him to build. I know Bruce Ziky well etc... I know Reinhold.

Effing ego's that is it. Honestly the amp pete has looks like well crap you and I know it. I think you are doing the right thing and you obviously are improving ad reining and if you and pete could come to terms you could learn something and get great amps at reasonable costs for us laypearsons built. Fab just don't take everything so personaly and you are on the right track I believe.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hey Pete, would this be a good time to mod my mini Marshall head? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Pete... I love you man and I love your work and love for the vetta but you knew what this thread would turn into and I do find fault in that. I understand your issues but I just hate wars...

Fab... No good impression have you left. Double talk at times but that is alright. I respect what you are doing... I think you are honest and trying to give a good product at a good price (unlike modern day gibson lol). I do think your intentions are honest but criticism well the taking of it is not your strong suit. That being said I can't build an amp myself but I live right by Mark from Victoria and the guy who taught him to build. I know Bruce Ziky well etc... I know Reinhold.

Effing ego's that is it. Honestly the amp pete has looks like well crap you and I know it. I think you are doing the right thing and you obviously are improving ad reining and if you and pete could come to terms you could learn something and get great amps at reasonable costs for us laypearsons built. Fab just don't take everything so personaly and you are on the right track I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that.
                              I have offered out the olive branch to Pete and others like him several times. I will here now again as I no greater wish that for this type of poo to cease.
                              Pete,
                              you know as much as I do there is a long history between us. For the sake of this BB maybe "we" should leave the HCAF style posts on HCAF, if things get too out of hand there the threads will just get deleted as always. I kinda dig how HC, MF, and GC are all in one today but I don't really think this BB needs to be any part of it...
                              Peace out

Comment

Fabamp - The majority of your posts on this forum (13/23) are concerning your amps or defending yourself. I'm inclined to ask "What is your purpose on this message board?" I will admit that, yes, you have made some posts that are helpful but what is your real goal for being on this message board? My second question is "Have you contacted the admins in an effort to get this thread deleted too?"

Comment

Working...
                                X