Clear All

Re: Marshall JMP 100

[ QUOTE ]
    Toru here is the link:
    http://thegearpage.net/board/showthr...highlight=suhr

john

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks John!!!

So this was done one month ago.. too bad.

I wonder if Bogner is still offering modification.
    Maybe that would be another consideration.
    I used to bring my amps to him and did great job.
    My first mod amp from him was back in 92 and costed like $550.

Comment

I know just what that amp needs Chuck! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Jerry
      FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Heh...I've been thinking about giving you a shout Jerry!

Maybe in a little while. Right now I'm lovin it with the SD-1!

Comment

any chance we could have some clips ?

Comment

Nope! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Holy Fukkin Crack Smokin Grannies!

Two HUGE changes: Some known good sounding pre-amp tubes (two EH's and a sweet Chinese 12AX7 with a Marshall logo I stole from Mark!), and exchanging the tube Screamer for my Boss SD-1.

Good God! Antharx, Among The Living, live in my bedroom! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

K, I'm a mrorn...I get it now!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Kick Ass Chuck !!!! There is something about the immediacy of a Marshall... the older ones are a shade on the unforgiving side, huh?? I'm digging the Suhr JMP too.

Congrats !

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                John, is that true??
                If so I'd have to buy a Bogner then....
                I had a OD100 but I had hard time dialing my sound in.
                When I wanted to use the boost on the second CH,I havd to set the gain very low but then when the boost was off, it sounded bit weak.
                I couldn't get what I really wanted.
                John Said he can adjust the boost bit low though.
                Maybe I will have to go with that and see what John can do with it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Toru -

No more Suhr mods....
                No more Bogner mods...

However, I do know where a particulary sweet Suhr JMP is if the Mojave jones gets the best of me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i know mark cameron very well, as he used to do his early mods on my heads back in the mid '90's when he worked out of my very good friends store. i've been trying to get a hold of him this week. any help will be appreciated. it was really cool seeing him just explode in popularity out of nowhere, i was real happy for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy -

Cameron's Marshall mods produce some of the finest tones out there....My buddy has a Jose mod JCM800, as well as Mark's personal 70's Plexi - and I will say hands down they are two of the finest if not THE BEST sounding amps I've ever played. Period. If Mark had the backing he could OWN the amp world....problem is Mark, like any creative genius, has got a ton of shit going on working at Bogner and trying to do his side gig and it takes a long time to get anything done. It's well worth the wait IMHO, but Mark could rule the amp world if he did it right and had the means to do so.

Steve E

Comment

I had a Suhr modded jcm800. They have a great lead tone ala Doug Aldrich. But the rythm tone was unusable. Horrible in my opinion. Put it this way its on its 4th owner and the amp is about 1 year old. Im not knocking Suhr they guy is one of the best out there. I Just bought my 3rd Cameron modded Marshall and they are the best. Chuck I have a Cameron modded JMP and the thing rules. Send that baby to him and let him work his magic on it. I bet anything you will never sell that head. If you need his contact info let me know. Paul

Comment

chuck,

DId you try changing the output tubes yet? also checking the bias?

I have heard great things about the splawn mod, i am planning on sending my 1987X out there.

Comment

Output tubes are good, according to the previous owner. I think I'll call JerryP and schedule a time I can bring it to him for a check-up and make sure everything is 100%.

I honestly don't think I want it modded. It sounds terrific like it is!

Comment

i dont blame you, my 1987 is just not usible unless i have a huge venue. Plus i bought it with that intention, yours is a bit more classic so i dont blame you at all.

Comment

Hey Chuck, I also just put JJ EL34 and Chinese 9th gen. preamp tubes in and they really bring it to life. Both my JCM800 have JJ kt88 and they are killer tone wise. You get a real thumping bottom end.

Comment

I forgot to say that the Cameron high gain Aldrich mod is unreal. If you choose to go with a mod. I know Cameron also just came out with a new Aldrich mod that my buddy got . His amp is the first one that Marc made with it and its really cool also.

Comment

Chuck, using a SD-1 to slam the front end? I now spit on you and the ground that your ancestors walked on! Shame on you! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Of course I'm just kidding. I love my 83 2203 with SD-1, perfect hard rock and early metal tones. I'd rather see people use a pedal infront of a classic amp like that than see it modded...thats just me tho. If ya want a mod, get a re-issue [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] hack away.
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X