X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall JMP 100

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL W/ Bill!!

Steve, I think you're headed off in the wrong direction. You, like me, are a high gain guy. You, like me, have also been spending too much time at The Gear Page amongst the old farts who think a Matchless is high gain!

You are digging the modded high gain heads, so you think you need a non-MV head? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You lost me...unless you LIKE distortion boxes, you are gonna HATE a non-MV head. Trust me on this. I'm old. I've had 'em. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck -

Bwahahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The direction is all good - and I certainely don't think a Matchless is high gain.

The difference ? I've played a Mojave Peacemaker and a Cameron 70's Plexi ( his personal amp....) Granted - a Hot Plate is required, but the tone from those amps was / is just to die for, especially the Mojave.

I'll trip down this path for a bit and see what happens, and you're at least a year older than I am so I've got some catching up to do [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Chuck -

Here you go:

Mojave Peacemaker

Mojave Clips

And last but not least King Gear Slut [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

It's going to be the Peacemaker first - but the Scorpion is the ultimate goal.

Steve E

Comment

Chuck -

So give us the 10 cent update on where yer at with this amp after spending some time with it....

Thanks ~
        Steve E

Comment

Home. I am completely at home with it. Moreso than any other amp I've owned in the past, and that includes the Mighty SLO.
          I love it and it ain't ever leaving here!

I'm finding different sweet spots with the meager controls. It's actually a very versatile and expressive amp and it sounds so good I haven't even expiremented with different tubes like I usually do!

I'm also learning that lower output pickups work best, too. My Heritage with dual Duncan 59's sounds just beautiful through this amp and can cover any sonic ground I want.

I wish I was gigging right now so I could make claims like:

"Ask anybody who has heard my live tone their opinion. Its usually shock and awe..."

and:

"This system kills. I should know. I have been slaying audiences and fellow bandmates for close to 30 years..."

and:

"As expected my guitar tone was just outstanding"

Comment

Chuck, that is the funniest post you have ever written! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            BTW, I thought your marshall sounded great! Makes me want to get a SD-1 and try it on my '64 Bassman head.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Home. I am completely at home with it. Moreso than any other amp I've owned in the past, and that includes the Mighty SLO.

I'm finding different sweet spots with the meager controls. It's actually a very versatile and expressive amp and it sounds so good I haven't even expiremented with different tubes like I usually do!

I'm also learning that lower output pickups work best, too. My Heritage with dual Duncan 59's sounds just beautiful through this amp and can cover any sonic ground I want.

"Ask anybody who has heard my live tone their opinion. Its usually shock and awe..."

and:

"This system kills. I should know. I have been slaying audiences and fellow bandmates for close to 30 years..."

and:

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you're killing me Chuck [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

My main gigger amp were 2203/4's and for a long while the 2203 was my only amp. You'd be surprised on how versatile they can be if you have to get by with one amp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd love to start giging now that I have a wider variety of amps and cabs to use.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahaha!!!! Riiiiiiiiiight...

Tell me another one bro! Hey, do I hear UPS at the door?

Comment

I never said "never"! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

and:

and:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, fuck you Chuck... but in a good way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Jeez... did I actually say that stuff. I think I feel sick. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks John. You're a wicked good sport. You had every right to rip me a new one, but didn't!
                      [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Chuck, did you ever get that Boss power supply. I have ='s to that Boss model. I have around 50 of them. Don't ask... If you want one just PM me your address. JG [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Chris (Firebird V) has me hooked up, but thanks anyhoo!
                          Chris has helped me out with way too much stuff over the years...I should have asked you first!

Thanks John!

Comment

No sweat bro. Chris has hooked me up too.

Comment

Working...
                            X